Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I awoke at 5am to the ear-piercing sound of every smoke detector in my house going off!! :shock: I was very calm... I grabbed Lily and my robe and went downstairs. Grabbed my purse from the hall closet. Didn't smell or see anything. Checked all floors including the garage and laundry room. Nothing. But I couldn't figure out how to shut off the stupid alarms! I had no choice but to call 911 and have them send the fire department.

They checked the whole house and one of them found the reset button. They weren't able to tell me why it happened. :?

What an exciting way to start the day but one I could easily live without! :wink:

·
Registered
393 Posts
hmm, maybe you've got a poltergeist?

either that or Lily wanted her breakfast early! :D

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
YES goodness glad you are all OK!! :wave:

I set my microwave on fire, trying to disinfect a piece of wood for my Hermies.....that was Sat eve. I guess I am not doing that again and I had to buy a new Micro :oops:

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
mmmmmmmmmm firemen :love4: ow :oops: erm yes that was very wierd racheal.. they couldnt find anything/no reason? {sounds silly but I love when my mum burns something and the fire alarams go off.. i run in with a teatowl and wave it around to clear the air} lol Im a wierd kinda girl! :?

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stefanie_farrell said:
mmmmmmmmmm firemen :love4: ow :oops: erm yes that was very wierd racheal.. they couldnt find anything/no reason? {sounds silly but I love when my mum burns something and the fire alarams go off.. i run in with a teatowl and wave it around to clear the air} lol Im a wierd kinda girl! :?
I'm no stranger to having the alarm go off when I'm cooking. :lol: It doesn't take much smoke to trigger it. In fact, one of the firemen asked if I'd been up making breakfast but this just happened for no apparent reason.

I felt really foolish calling 911 for something so stupid and insignificant but I didn't know what else to do. If I'd been alone I probably would have found the reset button myself but Lily was freaking out and I needed help quick. :roll:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And yes, one of the firemen was older and not that great looking but the younger one was really adorable (he's the one who found the reset button). :love7: However, at 5am, having just jumped out of bed with insane bedhead, no makeup, icky morning breath, wearing a ratty old robe, I was hardly in a position to flirt. :D

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
When i lived at our other house our smoke alarms went off for no reason whe we were having a lie in we had our window in the bedroom open and the bedroom door open,on the other side of the houses facing our window was an industrial estate,i found out a few days later that they had some sort of chemical spillage and that was what set the alarm off. :shock:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
LOL Maybe Lily has a secret BF :love3: and their steamy rendezvous set off the smoke alarms. :shock: And maybe she was freaking out because they nearly got caught! :confused1:

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
belladoggie said:
hmm, maybe you've got a poltergeist?

either that or Lily wanted her breakfast early! :D
sorry to break up you guys talk about :wink: hot and sexy firemen lol but has anyone ever had that happen , a poltergeist? or anything in that nature?
:scratch:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Cute fireman or not, that's not the best way to start a day. At least now you know where the reset button is in case the silly alarm decides to do it again at some point. I'm so glad you and Lily just had a fright and not a fire though.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sachem said:
Dust can set off a fire alarm too....not questioning your cleaning ability LOL

I know I always forget to clean my alarms and have had them go off from dust (when I had baseboard heaters anyway :? )
If that was the case, my alarms would be going off on a daily basis. :D

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mychisangel said:
LOL Maybe Lily has a secret BF :love3: and their steamy rendezvous set off the smoke alarms. :shock: And maybe she was freaking out because they nearly got caught! :confused1:
You could be right. She did look more guilty than scared, now that you mention it. :wink:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I had the same thing (kind of) happen with the alarm system in my house. Woke up one "night" at 10am (I work nights, therefore I'm usually sleeping in the late mornings) with the alarm going off. It scared the poops out of me!!

The police came, looked around, nothing was touched, no intrusion... unless you count the fact I hadn't closed the door to the garage completely and OmaKitty had decided to try and open it all the way. :roll:

She only got as far as pulling it back the millimeter it needed to set off the alarm then she ran like heck.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i know what happened but sssshhhhhh! no one can tell their pooches that chiwi is a gossip ok!?

anyways, the word is LILY the original hoochie poochie is seeing the firehouse dalmation SPARKY so she set the alarms off so you would call and the firemen would have to come out with sparky the firedog, but he was helping do paperwork back at the firehouse so she was freaking cause he wasn't there...

but you didn't hear that from me....... nope i didn't say nothin....

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
luv4mygirls said:
i know what happened but sssshhhhhh! no one can tell their pooches that chiwi is a gossip ok!?

anyways, the word is LILY the original hoochie poochie is seeing the firehouse dalmation SPARKY so she set the alarms off so you would call and the firemen would have to come out with sparky the firedog, but he was helping do paperwork back at the firehouse so she was freaking cause he wasn't there...

but you didn't hear that from me....... nope i didn't say nothin....
i'm impressed that Sparky is willing (and able) to do paperwork. I need to meet this boy. :wink:

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Ohdear me i'm laguhgng my hiney off :lol: I'm glad you're ok maybe you should have the alarm go off when you're made up dressed to the nines and fresh breathed :D

That pictue of Ritz is so gorgeous the eyes :love7:

We used to have exotic birds and they'd set the darned brinks off all the time when we were gone :shock:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts