Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we just went for another attempt at a walk with the new harness. He did a little better and he did actually walk most of the time but he still resists when I try to direct him it. He just doesn't seem to respond as well with it as he did the collar.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
If my Lily can be trained to a harness, any dog can. I got into the habit early on of saying "Lily, come" as I gently pulled the leash when I wanted to change direction. Now I can just use the voice command without having to pull. Well, most of the time. :lol: There are still times when I have to pick her up and plop her down a few feet away because she can't bear to leave a patch of moss or something equally appetizing (what can I say? the girl loves moss). :?

Walking with her used to be a pain and I doubt either one of us enjoyed it very much. Now we love our walks together because we both know what to expect.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I got really lucky with Lina. She was easy to train with a harness. Her collar is a different story, she doesn't like it at all, but at least she isn't chewing through it anymore lol...*knock on wood*. I usually just say, "come" and she follows me where ever I'm going. I could probably walk her off the leash entirely these days and she'd be fine most of the time. Except for the rabbits around here a thick and she's always chasing them! :?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's doing better than he was. The first few times I tried to walk him with the harness he wouldn't walk at all. He just jumped up on my leg and begged me to carry him. lol of course I did I always give him what he wants. At least he's walking again instead of making me carry him (well he did make me pick him up a couple of times like right after he did his business because he knows I always praise and cuddle him after he does it outside) but when I put him back down he didn't complain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts