Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its official after 5 weeks of slogging and determination Daisy now enjoys going for a walk and walks fabulously on a loose lead.. Go on Doo doo!! Her recall is also quite good as i've recently been letting her off the lead (although i'm very particular about what dogs are around when she comes off!!!) and yesterday she was chasing this yorkie full speed so i thought i'd test her out and called her and BOOM she came straight back to mummy and sat waiting for her treat!! ANGEL!!

Yesterday whilst we had a bit of sunshine i took some pictures to show you all!!

This is literally behind my house.. and in amongst the trees is a dog trail which leads to another park and we have a little river running through it.. Daisy wasn't best impressed putting her paws in it ha ha!!

Mummy are you going to let me run free today please?

Stupid lead.. i feel so restricted

Hellloooo can you hear me up there??

YESSSSSS freedom to chill in the sun

I go sniffing

I sit for a treat when i come back.. mummy always has good treats with her

I chase Abi ha ha ha

Are you coming mummy??

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nope?? I runs really really fast back to you!!

and sits so nicely again for more food yummy

ooo do i see a bird

Oh poo im back on my lead but loookkksss i can chase birdy yeah WOOF WOOF WOOF

And this one is just now.. shes trying to sleep ha

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
ah she is so sweet - my lot love off leash too, it's brilliant they get so much more exercise than on leash - brilliant photos :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah thanks everyone.. i think she's lovely ha ha.. she does make me laugh coz she chases all the big dogs.. and then panics when they bound towards her!! ha ha ha

Im still only letting her off for 5 to 10 mins at a time as im still not that confident at the moment and it depends on who is around also!!!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
She is such a sweet little pumpkin...love her! Hahaha hubby still wants to steal her so its a good thing we live across the pond!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She is such a sweet little pumpkin...love her! Hahaha hubby still wants to steal her so its a good thing we live across the pond!
Ha ha ha ha.. pre warn me if he ever gets on a flight..!!! I found her spit the other day a little boy and i want... but just can't afford it at the mo.. booohooo!!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
aaawe :( I have noticed that there are slight differences between UK and American chihuahuas...I'm betting because generally we have more poorly bred ones here. We will find a Daisy someday!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think they're a lot more popular in America than they are over here.. Daisy is the only Chi in the area i think!! We've seen one and she came from 75 miles away for a visit!!

I hope you get a Daisy one day too!! I do count myself very lucky...because she was ugly cute at first and now she's just GORGEOUS and so so well behaved..

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I think they're a lot more popular in America than they are over here.. Daisy is the only Chi in the area i think!! We've seen one and she came from 75 miles away for a visit!!

I hope you get a Daisy one day too!! I do count myself very lucky...because she was ugly cute at first and now she's just GORGEOUS and so so well behaved..
LOL ugly cute. =)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys. She does smile all the time her tail wags most the day. Can you believe its 320am and i'm wide awake with chronic cramps :-( she's sleeping know i would rather be

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
awwww daisy too cute! yes those leashes are restricting arent they, just wanna chew them off! haha :p ur so lucky she comes back for treats. suprisingly everytime i brought treats with me when im out with dexter he doesnt care for them at all even his most fav ones....he just cares about walking and walking...nothing else LOL

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
awwww daisy too cute! yes those leashes are restricting arent they, just wanna chew them off! haha :p ur so lucky she comes back for treats. suprisingly everytime i brought treats with me when im out with dexter he doesnt care for them at all even his most fav ones....he just cares about walking and walking...nothing else LOL

LOL there are only 2 leads she'll walk wiht any others she's not having any of it ha ha

Oh hun we had to do loads of different exercises at obedience class to practice recall.. it was actually really fun coz we play ping pong wiht her ha ha and from then on she was brilliant!! Maybe worth trying it with Dexter!!!

sookey said:
awwwwwww Toby is VERY excited to see new pics of you Daisy.
She said when she's done growling loudly at her reflection she'd like to see some of her toyboy Toby please.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
She is so cute!
Looks like a right wee character too. xx
She's funny.. a total tease she pretends she's scared of some of the dogs (whilst she's on her lead) then pounces about and play bows in their faces and barks!!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts