Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I live in the UK and Mylo has been for his two lots of shots. They said he could go out 2 weeks after, which will be this coming Tuesday. I'd love to be able to take him out this weekend while I have more time...do you think the few days will make a big difference or should I wait to be on the safe side? I always thought it was 1 week/ 10 days that you had to wait. Thanks

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Personally, I don't know that I'd take the risk. I've seen puppies with multiple vaccinations end up with parvo or other serious diseases. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

With that being said, I don't know if there would actually be a risk to doing so. Hopefully someone can give you an answer as to whether this is safe or not.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
311 Posts
When I brought Rio home we got out of the car and she was placed in the yard to go potty, throughout her initial shots she was outside. That being said I have a private yard ~ and all of our other animals are fully vetted, as well as the neighbors on each side although their animals cannot get in unless we open the gates. We live in the country and there is wildlife, but it is kept at bay by the fence & I would imagine the others dogs and our kitties.

I really think it depends on where you live and what your setup is. Rio wouldn't have gone outside if our yard wasn't protected or if we lived in the city filled with unprotected/ non vetted critters.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Yeah, your personal private yard or garden is okay. But walks on public sidewalks or areas that other dogs can access should be avoided. You can only control contamination in your yard.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
I just saw this post and realized it's Tuesday and Baby Mylo can go outside!! Yay! I hope the weather is nice by you!

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Oh no!! I hope u feel better soon!! At least its raining while ur sick, that's good I wanna stay in bed all day w my puppy weather!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts