Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My chi is 15 weeks and has 1 set of shots. Vet says he needs 3 more sets 3-4 weeks apart. I am dying to walk him but afraid of Parvo. Do I need to wait until he's had all sets?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I would wait just to be on the safe side. I waited until Zeus had at least 3 sets of shots in him before I walked him. Parvo is such a dreadful and painful disease. I cared for puppies with Parvo when I worked at a vet clinic and it broke my heart everytime a sick pup would come in.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Did you get the pictures downloaded from your camera? I can't wait to see pictures of your new baby!

I totally understand about wanting to take your pup for a walk. I was that way with Zeus. Instead of walking Zeus when he was still getting his vaccines, we played a lot of ball in the back yard.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yoshi had a shot that had 3 different things (maybe 4) in it. He also had a banana flavored medicine given through a syringe-like apparatus. That, I believe, was his deworming med. I'll have to check his papers again for exactly what he had. I'll definitely keep him off the ground and all until he's had all his sets.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought the yellow stuff was the dewormer. I knew it tasted like banana because I need it too. JK!! . The vet said it did and it was yellow...LOL. I have since learned that Chis love banana with Yoshi no exception!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts