Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a coupler today to use with Bailey and Emmie. Emmie walks really well on a leash and I'm hoping maybe she'll help Bailey. My vet said it was a good idea. I used it for jut a few minutes and omg I was laughing so hard watching them together.

Anyone else use them? How do your dogs do?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Is that thing that like two leashes but turns into one to attach to your main leash? I've thought about one for my dogs but Rocki is like a giant next to Daisy so not sure if they have them for different height dogs.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I love mine! Heidi and Hannah always walk on a coupler and they get on with it fine, although sometimes Heidi does get pulled along for a bit as Hannah is heavier!
Not sure how it would work with 2 very strong willed dogs though (esp if they both wanted to go different ways/speeds!). Luckily Heidi relies on Hannah for support so trotting along next to Hannah is the only way she will enjoy a walk. They are so sweet together and every so often one of them will turn around mid stride and give the other one kisses on the nose!:love7:

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
That is so sweet!
Mine won't walk properly on one, they just play with each other and trip me up lol. It's funny, because as long as their leads are in different hands, they walk beautifully.
Ginger, I don't think anyone manufactures those, which is why I make them. I can make them with completely different sized leads (eg short 1 inch wide and long half inch wide) or adjustable, which is great for people with puppies. I make them for 3 dogs too.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Thanks Wicked Pixie. When you get a chance could you PM with your link. I think manufactors forget people have dogs of different sizes.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I can make them with completely different sized leads (eg short 1 inch wide and long half inch wide) or adjustable, which is great for people with puppies. I make them for 3 dogs too.
Do you make them in different colours/patterns?? The one thing that bugs me about couplers is that they come in such boring styles!! (usually just plain coloured nylon or leather). Id love to find somewhere that made cuter ones with matching leads!!

How far apart are your dogs when they walk?
My girls vary. Sometimes they walk together and other times they are as far apart as they can get!!:rolleyes: Its never a problem though coz both prefer to walk behind me (Hannah waaaaay behind!), so if Hannah is right at the back then Heidi is level with my feet.:)

·
Registered
345 Posts
I need to look into getting one or having my sister make one. I usually take the dogs one at a time. I'd love to take them both together.

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Do you make them in different colours/patterns?? The one thing that bugs me about couplers is that they come in such boring styles!! (usually just plain coloured nylon or leather). Id love to find somewhere that made cuter ones with matching leads!!
Yes, I have 13 colours of webbing and can add patterned ribbon, and/or beads, charms, bows, flowers etc. I make each one by hand, so I can make it however you want. I have a vast amount of trimmings available! I can make matching leads (or a lead split into two/three if you don't want it to be detachable) collars, harnesses and necklaces.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts