Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I started putting a harness on Gadget when he was 5 weeks( i know he was way young when I got him at 3 weeks) I would put it on him and let him wear it in the house for a while everyday and then I would increase the amount of time each day... then I made him a car seat and started hooking him in with his harness on so he started liking his harnesss that much more because it meant that we were going byebye....

then when we got to like his harness I would put his leash on him and let him drag it around with him... then I would start holding the leash...

by the time he was old enough to go outside he was already trained...

good luck and God bless

·
Registered
231 Posts
Honestly, I just put the leash on Snuffy when I first got her (she was 2 months old) and brought her out in the yard. At first, she would bite it but eventually just got used to it. Now when I take her out to use the bathroom...I say "let's go outside" and she'll run to the door and I put her leash on her. She's such a good girl and doesn't resist. I think they just need to get used to it. But it would probably be best to slowly introduce it :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
I just started walking tyson on a leash about 2 weeks ago i bought a harness and a leash put it on him and him on it took him outside and he didnt want to walk he just wanted to lay on the ground but after he realized he could either walk or i was leaving without him he started going. now he's good at walking except when someone comes over to check him out he'll run circles around them and get them caught up in the leash.

·
Registered
159 Posts
leash

Hi. I am having the same issue. My little Pixie is just about 8 weeks old and hates the leash. She starts squeeling if I put it on her. I let her drag it around but all she does is itch because she hates the collar also. Maybe she is just too young let to understand how to walk on a leash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts