Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi how long are you supposed to walk chihuhuas for??? and does it vary according to age???.i would appreciate any advice. again. lol. :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Kemo and Bindi go out every time we can - varies from 30-60 min. Mine would be outside all day if they could!

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
:shock: why this smilie it comes across really rude :wave: JMO

How old are you talking about ?

Mine also have free access to a large garden and run around playing together there alot in the day and evening :wave:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
First of all A very young puppy under the age of getting their last shots (between 16 and 20 weeks) should NEVER be put on the ground outside. and never walked unless you are carrying them.

After that A puppy can be walked as long as they are not overly tired....

Gadget is almost 5 months and I take him out every day (iF it is not raining) and we walk around the park... This is about a 20 minute walk. some times I will let him run in the field. and then I walk him around the park.

It is actually up to the indiviaul dog to say how long you walk him/her...

I have been told by trainers that it should be a good enough lentgh of time to tire them but not over tire them... you are the only one who is going to know this about your pup...

Gadget could be outside all day if I was to let him.. but we live where there are alot of wild animals and it is not safe for him to be out there by himself.

Good luck and God bless

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:wink: First make sure he's totally protected, my chis were missing their rabies shots and I was totally paranoid for a couple of weeks..we have lots of raccoons and their poop might carry rabies and with the snow melting the chance of finding frozen poop is bigger...so even with all their shots you can see that there are lots of risks out...

As for how long do I walk them... my answer...till they get tired :wink: on sunday I know for sure Stinky spent at least 2 hrs walking around when he got home he ate a little and went to sleep right away after that. So, I would say it depends on your dog. :wink:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Frozen poop... boy that would be nasty....

I too have a lot of racoons here... I have so many wild animals I couldn't name them all....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i so sorry if you think my :shock: smiley was meant as rude as i use it to mean puzzlement :oops: :oops: :oops: i feel really bad if i offended anybody. i seem to do that alot. :oops: :oops: i willl be careful how i post things in future as i appear to come across in another way. :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
tinksplace said:
i so sorry if you think my :shock: smiley was meant as rude as i use it to mean puzzlement
Dont worry it means shock, or what the heck, or helloooooooo in a smart way, forget about it :wink:

Frozen poop they have stuff that freezes poop to make it easy to pick up, great idea but I hate carrying baggies around let alone a can of spray :lol:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Kemo's mamma said:
tinksplace said:
i so sorry if you think my :shock: smiley was meant as rude as i use it to mean puzzlement
Dont worry it means shock, or what the heck, or helloooooooo in a smart way, forget about it :wink:

Frozen poop they have stuff that freezes poop to make it easy to pick up, great idea but I hate carrying baggies around let alone a can of spray :lol:
now i have an image of you walking around with a can looking for poops to spray lol........

i'm having trouble with chiwi as far as leash and harness goes :? i'm havin a few issues with her actually....

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
hey I might be able to make some money doing that, they have professional poop picker uppers!!! :lol:

what kind of issues with the countess?

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Kemo's mamma said:
hey I might be able to make some money doing that, they have professional poop picker uppers!!! :lol:

what kind of issues with the countess?

well, to chiwi i am just a cuddler. she doesn't play with me, she plays with everyone else but not with me, if i try she bites my hands instead of the toy. and i have seen her play with other people and she don't do that to them. then before bed i will go to pet her and she bites me and doesn't want to be pet until she is all settled down, like 10 minutes later. she will inch closer and closer and whine until i pet her. but it's like it's on her terms. she is a very active little girl and is on the move with her toys until i try then she stops and runs up to her bed and looks at me. so i follow her and she lays down and cuddles up to me. she is still trying to teeth on fingers too, and i haven't been able to get that under control....then there are issues with the opposite sex. if you are a guy ad you try to touch me look out, this 1.13 pound 4 month old puppy becomes pit bull girl! she is fine with strangers, loves everyone so much but god forbid if you touch her mommy. i had a male friend over the other night and he was sitting down and i was at the tv trying to figure it out and chiwi just started barking at him for no reason! she hid between my 2 feet and was barking and growling, but 5 minutes before she was laying in his lap getting loved on. and he didn't even try to touch me so i don't know what was up with that....

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
i just let vixie walk for as long as she want, she has 1/2 hr running round the yard everyday (if the weathers nice) then walkies everychance we get lol.
if were out somewhere and shes tired she taught herself how to get me to pick her up and shell stand at my leg wiht her paws on my leg and hen shell give one tug on my pant leg and sit down...if i dont pick her up she barks at me to let me know i missed her cue. shes real smart.

dont worry your pup will usually tell you when she/he's had enough

·
Registered
825 Posts
Im just so glad we dont have to worry about rabies here in the U.K. And its one less vaccination to worry about too! :)

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
lol tinks place no problems it just came across like you thought we were been thick lol sorry i am glad you didnt mean it lol :oops: :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts