Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
First of all A very young puppy under the age of getting their last shots (between 16 and 20 weeks) should NEVER be put on the ground outside. and never walked unless you are carrying them.

After that A puppy can be walked as long as they are not overly tired....

Gadget is almost 5 months and I take him out every day (iF it is not raining) and we walk around the park... This is about a 20 minute walk. some times I will let him run in the field. and then I walk him around the park.

It is actually up to the indiviaul dog to say how long you walk him/her...

I have been told by trainers that it should be a good enough lentgh of time to tire them but not over tire them... you are the only one who is going to know this about your pup...

Gadget could be outside all day if I was to let him.. but we live where there are alot of wild animals and it is not safe for him to be out there by himself.

Good luck and God bless

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Frozen poop... boy that would be nasty....

I too have a lot of racoons here... I have so many wild animals I couldn't name them all....

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that all dogs are just like all kids.. you never know what they will do next... hehehhehe

I like the idea of the spray freezing the poop.... I thought you were talking about the snow freezing the poop... hehehehhe

I need to get me a pooper scooper.. but I am not worried about it right now for Gadget has just learned to pee outside... boy I wish he wouldn't pee on my rug tho.... Even tho it is outside it is still a rug.... that little brat... hehehehhehe

Luv, Does Chiwi wear a harness? Like when she is not on the leash.... That is how I got Gadget to like his. I just put it on him in the mornings and leave it on all day... unless I am not here to watch him then I take it off.. the neck is as small as it goes and still too big. so we don't want him to get stuck some where.

He loves his collar too..

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I was thinking right then...

Somebody has been letting there big dog and I mean BIG dog go potty all over the field(playground) and not cleaning it up... I mean the piles are bigger than gadget...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts