Chihuahua People Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
luvmypuppet said:
well, to chiwi i am just a cuddler. she doesn't play with me, she plays with everyone else but not with me, if i try she bites my hands instead of the toy. and i have seen her play with other people and she don't do that to them. then before bed i will go to pet her and she bites me and doesn't want to be pet until she is all settled down, like 10 minutes later. she will inch closer and closer and whine until i pet her. but it's like it's on her terms. she is a very active little girl and is on the move with her toys until i try then she stops and runs up to her bed and looks at me. so i follow her and she lays down and cuddles up to me. she is still trying to teeth on fingers too, and i haven't been able to get that under control....then there are issues with the opposite m/f. if you are a guy ad you try to touch me look out, this 1.13 pound 4 month old puppy becomes pit bull girl! she is fine with strangers, loves everyone so much but god forbid if you touch her mommy. i had a male friend over the other night and he was sitting down and i was at the tv trying to figure it out and chiwi just started barking at him for no reason! she hid between my 2 feet and was barking and growling, but 5 minutes before she was laying in his lap getting loved on. and he didn't even try to touch me so i don't know what was up with that....
Sounds like there are several issues, one of them being alpha.....but then in some respects she acts like she is ok with your being alpha...maybe its part puppy push your button syndrome? Have you done any training with her yet? Kemo can let people pet him one minute and i get all excited then he nips them the next :roll: these dogs are forever a puzzle...

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
chiwi has a short attention span. i have taught her to sit but that is pretty much it. she isn't into treats so it's finding a way to get her to do things... postitive reinforcement only goes so far with her. i was going to take her to puppy classes but i have to wait til i get another job before i go spending money.....

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that all dogs are just like all kids.. you never know what they will do next... hehehhehe

I like the idea of the spray freezing the poop.... I thought you were talking about the snow freezing the poop... hehehehhe

I need to get me a pooper scooper.. but I am not worried about it right now for Gadget has just learned to pee outside... boy I wish he wouldn't pee on my rug tho.... Even tho it is outside it is still a rug.... that little brat... hehehehhehe

Luv, Does Chiwi wear a harness? Like when she is not on the leash.... That is how I got Gadget to like his. I just put it on him in the mornings and leave it on all day... unless I am not here to watch him then I take it off.. the neck is as small as it goes and still too big. so we don't want him to get stuck some where.

He loves his collar too..

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Gadget's Mom said:
I like the idea of the spray freezing the poop.... I thought you were talking about the snow freezing the poop... hehehehhe
:scratch: I was talking about the snow freezing other dogs poop and raccoon poop and that is why I was worried about all the dormant bacteria on the ground that with thawing is coming alive..hence my doggies needed protection before I could truly enjoy walking them for hours... :wink:

:wink: Stuff for freezing poop, :D never heard of it :D wouldn't get it..I probably missed something along the thread, tho..lol :D

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Gadget's Mom said:
Somebody has been letting there big dog and I mean BIG dog go potty all over the field(playground) and not cleaning it up... I mean the piles are bigger than gadget...
:shock: wow..lol..but I get it, is horrible here when the snow is melting is like everybody with huge dogs get together, make their dogs poop all over the park, call for snow, and store it for 6 months! :lol: Is like walking on a minefield, lol :lol:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
odie will walk on the leash but he wont come when i want him too just when he wants too.so he will sit down for a bit.hes only 8 weeks old i should maybe not expect too much of him.i got him a litle harness but its a bit big.
im also trying to stop him nipping at my clothres. he has toys. :roll: :roll:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Your not walking him outside are you ? because at 8 weeks he wont have had his full innoculations and even then you have to wait for 2 weeks after he has been innoculated to take him out walking :?

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Gadget's Mom said:
I have come to the conclusion that all dogs are just like all kids.. you never know what they will do next... hehehhehe

I need to get me a pooper scooper.. but I am not worried about it right now for Gadget has just learned to pee outside... boy I wish he wouldn't pee on my rug tho.... Even tho it is outside it is still a rug.... that little brat... hehehehhehe

Luv, Does Chiwi wear a harness? Like when she is not on the leash.... That is how I got Gadget to like his. I just put it on him in the mornings and leave it on all day... unless I am not here to watch him then I take it off.. the neck is as small as it goes and still too big. so we don't want him to get stuck some where.

He loves his collar too..
in the house i keep her naked.... should i be putting her harness on her when i'm there with her? what about her collar (i bought collars jsut for fashion i don't like them for leashes.)

any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
only place i set him down his the really quiet residential area near where i live.he only walks one block. back and forth.lol. im really careful with him. :wink: :wink: could i put my puppys harness on even though its slighlty big??? :wink:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
tinksplace said:
only place i set him down his the really quiet residential area near where i live.he only walks one block. back and forth.lol. im really careful with him. :wink: :wink: could i put my puppys harness on even though its slighlty big??? :wink:
anywhere you set your chi down outside is potential danger. you dont' know waht animal left what behind.

i put chiw's harnesses on her and they were a tad too big on her but they are only to get her accustomed to them INSIDE the house for when she got fully vaccinated then by that time she was pretty much fitting into them to be walked outside.. fully vaccinated.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
well im still really careful with him.the area i walk him the people would have been bound to have taken care of their dogs. :wink: well anyway im getting him vaccinated on the 15th.thanks for the info everyone. :wink:

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Nattie, even if only healthy dogs walk in your area, they can still be carriers of airborne diseases like bordatella, parainfluenza, or distemper and pass it on to your chi if it hasn't been adequately protected. Please listen to the advice you get on the boards, everyone on here genuinely cares about you and your dog and are offering their advice to help you. If you want to be the best possible owner for your dog, don't put it at risk.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
if 16 weeks is when he has his last set of vaccines, you should wait 1 week until after this so that the vaccine has had time to build up immunity in the body. so, if you are vaccinating at 16 weeks, 17 weeks is when you should be okay to let him down and interact with other dogs. Thanks for listening to us =)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.