Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started walking a few days ago for exercise! Need to lose some weight and be healthier!

Anyway I found a really good app and thought I'd share it.

It's called Walk Tracker. I use the paid version. It's keeps track of your distance and even has a map of where you've been.

Sent from my iPhone using PetGuide

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I need to lose some weight too. The weather here really isnt ideal for walking year round its HOT! so Im using the Leslie Sansone walk at home dvds I really enjoy them.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I do little walks during the cooler months when I can we can't go very far cause people in my neighborhood don't keep their big dogs under control & let them roam free so in afraid of getting attacked if we go far so its just easier & safer for me to do indoor walks

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I am pretty disciplined in the exercise area. I believe you have to keep your joints moving but not stressed. I get up between 5:30 and 6:00 AM. I have quite an assortment I can do in my basement. I really like "The Firm" DVDs, I have step, Nordic track, elliptical, yoga DVDs and crunchless abs, weights etc. I still get bored!! But I know I have to do it. On the days I don't feel like working out, I'll just do a light elliptical workout! Lol

My husband has started walking home from work about 6 weeks ago, 3 days per week. It's 3.5 miles. He's lost about 5lbs so far just from walking and not changing his eating. I'm just glad he's doing something!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's wonderful! I know walking is a great benefit to your health in so many ways!! I'm so sore today I feel like I'm waddling lol. But it feels good too!!

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Awesome Missy, good for you! I wish you success in reaching your body fitness
goal and of course good health. Keep it up, soon enough you won't know how
you ever lived otherwise. We are all walkaholics here, as you know, I swear
walking is a life saver, so simple, yet so efficient. Enjoy it, take it little by little,
don't hurt yourself, it should be pleasurable first and foremost, breath fresh air,
enjoy the pups, take in the view, and the benefits will come.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I can't emphasize enough the importance of exercise. I stared at age 13--35 (almost 36) years ago. I am naturally prone to weight gain and naturally lazy as can be and boy do i love dessert!!!! I could not jog 5 minutes at age 13. At almost 49, I am now in better shape than 99% of my peers and many women and men much younger than I am. Start young and PLEASE stick with it. You will not regret it when you hit middle age. When your friends are whining about all their physical ailments, you will feel better even if you have arthritis (as I do) and other issues (as I do).

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I walked 2.3, 1.3, then 1.47 today. I'm sore but feels great! I'm 39 and can't stay unhealthy any longer. I would love to lose 40 pounds.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I love walking i feel best when im walking my dogs i live it!! I usually do it with my pitbull . Im actually doung 2 walks for cancer next month in memory of my dad who past of cancer a year ago!

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

1 - 11 of 11 Posts