Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We want to spend a week in SC with the fuzzy girls. Anyone know of any fun things the pups can do?

I know they can walk around downtown and be in the one park (Battery maybe?) but anyone got anything else they can do?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
We just moved to Charleston two months ago and there's plenty you can take your dogs to. You can take them all around downtown and The Battery. We love taking ours walking along the Cooper at the Battery. There's also a park in Mt Pleasant called Palmetto Islands County park that is both a human park and also has a dog park within it which is fenced for letting the pups have an off lead romp, it does cost a small fee to get into the park. Charles Pinckney place in Mt Pleasant is a nice place to visit where the dogs are allowed on the grounds but not in the house/museum. I actually live out in Moncks Corner (one of the 'burbs outside of Charleston) and we have two close by parks here in Moncks Corner. One is Cypress Gardens and they allow leashed pets on their walking trails during the months of November through February. The other park in Moncks Corner is Santee Cooper State Park which also allows leashed pets. Both Cypress Garden and Santee Cooper State Park have admission fees though. Last December we went to Boone Hall Plantation in Mt Pleasant and they did not allow dogs there so we were restricted to keeping the dogs in the parking lot. lol

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We went and we're back!

We ended up staying in a cabin in Mt. Pleasant at the KOA. It was very hard to find somewhere that would allow you to stay with 4 fuzzies :D

We went to Magnolia Plantation (they will allow pups on the grounds/gardens), Ft. Moultrie, Palmetto Islands Park, a walking tour downtown, a couple of restaurants that had outdoor seating, Folly Beach, and probably more that I'm forgetting.

We got back last night so as soon as I find my camera, I'll post pics. We had a blast!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Cool I love chalrston we love going we have took a couple of ours with us and took them to Suvllians Island on the beach.and down to the battery

1 - 6 of 6 Posts