Chihuahua People Forum banner

WARNING! Anyone around Wirral UK

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Buildthemskywards 
#1 ·
I remember seeing someone say that they walked their dogs at Roydon Park, Wirral, UK and wanted to pass on a warning. I've heard a news report that some horrible person, or people have been leaving sandwiches around Roydon Park laced with rat poison and 5 dogs have died already. Anyone near the area should beware and find somewhere else to walk their dogs for a while. I don't know why people would do these things. It makes me sad just thinking about it. :foxes15:

#2 ·
That is how I lost my poor baby years ago. 85 pounds (42 kgs) of healthy vibrant life, gone in 15 minutes just like that...because someone didn't like animals.

It doesnt make me sad, it infuriates me. It is a common thing here in Greece and I know it sounds horrid but I do smile when I hear of people getting caught laying out poison and being beaten to a pulp.

You are very thoughtful for posting this.

#5 ·
Some people are so cruel! If you don't like dogs, just avoid them. You shouldn't someone else's dog because you don't like them!

I would love to be able to train Angel not to pick up things from the floor or ground! I won't "toss" him a treat or piece of food. I make sure to hand it to him. I don't think I will get through to him, but I will keep on trying!

My golden won't take anything from the floor or ground. Even if i give her the OK!! She will once in a great while, but she hesitates to get anything from the floor or ground. We were walking one day, just the two of us, and we walked by a partially eaten bagel which someone had discarded in the par. She looked at it but just kept walking. She could have easily picked it up, but didn't!!:) She is such a good girl in many, many ways!!

#10 ·
I was thinking the exact same thing. How anyone could do this and why is beyond me. If you don't like dogs then stay away from them. I think anyone who does something like this has something seriously wrong with them and it makes me sad and full of despair for the human race. We are the only species who do such horrible and evil stuff. Animals kill only for food or when under serious threat or if we breed or train them to. It makes me ashamed for what our species is capable of. Dogs give nothing but love, comfort and loyalty to their humans...anyone who hates that or wants to cause them pain is a very evil person.

#7 ·
This is so sick. I remember when people were leaving pieces of cheese with nails in them at the dog park where I'm from on Martha's Vineyard. I was so horrified that anyone would do such a thing. If I could catch one of these bastards laying this stuff out, I swear I would beat them with my old softball bat.

By the way, Anna, I am so sorry you've experienced this sort of thing first hand. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.