Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very lucky that i go outside with Charchi, when he goes to the toilet, i wanted to warn anyone that has magpies hanging around. They have been picking food up from the neighbour over the back fence that feeds them, and dropping the food over my side of the fence. Yesterday i took Charchi out the back he went into a corner of the yard and came charging out trying to get past mummy with a HUGE peice of chocalate cake with chocolate icing, yeeek, i freaked and yelled at him to stop ,which he did and i took it off him :mad: it was still quite fresh and quite a large peice. This hasen,t been the only incadent two days before it was a slice of pizza, shop bought, i would say only couple days old, about a week before that it was a freshly cooked bone, which i took all off him.I decided to go around and see the neighbour that i thought was guilty and approached them nicley about the problem of them feeding the magpies, and the food they where feeding them was ending up over my back fence, they denied it of course, and then the lady bought out a fresh chocolate cake with choc icing and said she baked it the day before, said that the kids had ate it inside, and oh no it couldent be theirs. The husband then admitted that the magpies always pinched food off him, and said he would be more careful in the future, so after telling that how much i LOVED my little dog, AND the size of the vet bill ,i could have ended up with, and thats even if my dog survived, they agreed that chocolate for a dog is a KILLER, so hubby said he would be more carful and i thanked him and left. please watch your yard if you get magpies, sorry it,s such a long post.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Glad you noticed the food...it's good the neighbour is co-operative.....we don't have magpies but do have ravens and gulls and they carry food and drop it also...I am always on the look-out for some unfavorable morsels in the yard !

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No question is stupid, i live down under, the post was mainly for ozzies, but i wasent completely sure if other countries had them. There a black and white bird that can attack humans in breeding season, some people here feed them every day, and normaly if you feed them they dont attack you when they have their young, sorry for any confusion- janet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
No question is stupid, i live down under, the post was mainly for ozzies, but i wasent completely sure if other countries had them. There a black and white bird that can attack humans in breeding season, some people here feed them every day, and normaly if you feed them they dont attack you when they have their young, sorry for any confusion- janet.
Holy cow! Sounds scary! Thanks for explaining it to me, ya learn something new everyday!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Axle loves to chase the magpies in the park, which in turn try to swoop on him and then on me because I try to keep them off him! They are horrid birds!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts