Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Moni, Mojie's poop is probably going to change the longer he's on ZP. It will become real small, darker, firm, and will become white looking fast after sitting there. Almost crumbly. That's the way most RAW fed pups poop looks. Mojie's still looks like he's trying to get his tummy settled. It shouldn't be that soft, nor have that orange mucus in it. Give it a week and I think you'll start to see a major change. :) Just make sure you aren’t feeding him no no table foods. :wink:

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
T:....I'm so happy with it right now...OMG it's gonna be smaller.....OMG...I'm gonna be happier!!...thanks T!!..:)..

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Ha! Moni you crack me up! You said you were going to do it and you did!
I second everything T said. If your happy with MoJie's poop now, just wait! It gets even better! Lol!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Lol wow, its just poo :rolleyes:.
If you pick up after your dogs, you see it every day and Moni DID give a warning in the title ;)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
wow u guys both have clovers in ur yard :p hmmm poop thread eh! i rember when dexter had white poop a couple times, i was AMAZED, this was when he used to be on orijen puppy and ate it well. now his poop is always changing from solid black to swirly dutch chocolate morsels and back to solid black

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
LMAO! OMG this thread cracks me up! :D Yeah...MoJies poos will get even more firm. They look really soft to me. You just wait if you think that's good. hehe

Sarah....I'm missing all raw poos. I'm so going back to most prey model raw. So excited to get those poos again! LOL

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
ha ha. I will play. :)

Here's Brody's poop. I put a quarter next to it to gauge size. This is a typical raw fed one. Small, firm, compact, nearly odorless.

And here's one a day old. See how they turn white? Then they disintegrate in the yard. After a rain, there's no poops left to pick up.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Poop can give us lots of clues as to the well being of an animal. How is it processing the food, etc. It is an important assessment tools for veterinarians. Hence, Purina put out the poop chart as a guide to different types of poop and how they score on a scale of 0-100.

Here it is for your enjoyment. (HA HA)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Heather I couldn't cope with anything else when Rach got poppy and I got lotus poppy did a poo and I nearly passed out she was on a good kibble Arden grange and omg itbwas gigantic I was shocked!!! Hahaha

Tracy that chart is disgusting!! I know it's necessary but gross 2nd from left on top row is what daisy was like when I got her and it gies more watery if she gets anything she shouldn't!!!

The one thing I'll add is the firmer the poo the less likely the dog is to have anal gland issues both mine have to really push their poops out so I know their glands are being expressed the only time i had problems was web daisy was sick

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Heather I couldn't cope with anything else when Rach got poppy and I got lotus poppy did a poo and I nearly passed out she was on a good kibble Arden grange and omg itbwas gigantic I was shocked!!! Hahaha
Yeah, I can relate! When we were doing raw before & the vet had to do Marleys bile acid test...they gave him the high calorie meal right? OMG, the next day I was scooping & I had to take the scooper back to show hubby & see if he could find the vet fed meal from Marley. LOL When we doggy sat my grandfathers Pom her poos made me want to gag. And I have a strong stomach! (she was fed a icky grocery store brand food)

My pups have been progressively getting bigger (went from raw, to ZiwiPeak, to added Honest Kitchen) so I'm used to them but I totally miss the prey model raw. Next week I'll be placing an order from hare-today. Woo hoo! At least my pups poos aren't very stinky or gooshy. They are just much bigger than when on raw. Anyway, I should go snap some pics. haha

OMG those poop pics are interesting. Our vet has one similar in their exam rooms. Always make me thankful for what my dogs produce. :daisy:

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Moni, my guys aren't eating the ZP right now. But I'll add my pic of healthy poo. This is what you have to look forward too. It's like nothing, and has no smell. Mine do this amount, twice a day. Once in the morning, once in the evening. Also be careful that you aren't overfeeding. That will make the kind of poo Mojie has as well.

This mornings bowel movements.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Okay....I have no idea who's poos these are because they are doggy door trained to let themselves out. But heres my contribution to the thread. :roll: It's raining out so no clover pics from me. hehe

Yesterdays ZiwiPeak poo:

This mornings poo from last nights Honest Kitchen:

Busted!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OMG...I'm laughing so hard here...LOL...my BF think I'm crazy!!...LOL.. he told me some how the smell is a lot less than before......I can't wait to see the process in the future....I think I might also give MoJie a bit too much foods...:)..I feel bad cause he ate so fast....

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Poop can give us lots of clues as to the well being of an animal. How is it processing the food, etc. It is an important assessment tools for veterinarians. Hence, Purina put out the poop chart as a guide to different types of poop and how they score on a scale of 0-100.

Here it is for your enjoyment. (HA HA)

OMG! Yuck! I couldn't handle those Huge poops! Skipping Breakfast.

Okay....I have no idea who's poos these are because they are doggy door trained to let themselves out. But heres my contribution to the thread. :roll: It's raining out so no clover pics from me. hehe

Yesterdays ZiwiPeak poo:

This mornings poo from last nights Honest Kitchen:

Busted!
That Pic if Mathilda cracked me up! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts