Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had gotten a thing of hearts and gizzards at the store and they are not supposed to expire until the 10th but there is a green long nasty thing in there and it stttiiiiinnnnnkkkkkkssssss to high heaven. Not sure what on earth it is but it is the only thing in there of its kind? Would this mess the other food up and make it not edible?

Also how do I tell the hearts from the gizzards? I am assuming they are the red more rounded things but not sure? The red thinks have a weird skin thing attached to them. This is going to take some getting used to :-(

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I've bought hearts and gizzards but never seen a nasty green thing. I would not feed that! The gizzads are lighter in pigment than the hearts, the hearts also have blood. The gizzards look like 2 things hooked together in the middle, they are kinda weird. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Here are the hearts:

Here are the gizzards

I've never gotten the green thing in there, don't feed that, probably take back to store for an exchange. Dogs are okay eating meat that is smelly and past date. But if it's really super off or green I don't feed.

·
Registered
923 Posts
If it's squishy and green, it could be their.. um, what's that thing called... bile duct. After cleaning out 25 chickens with my sister the other month, that thing is a PITA to seperate.

Still, I'd take everything back and complain. Maybe get two packages for free. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts