Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips on washing dog clothes? Some clothes say hand wash and lay flat, others say machine wash and dry. How often do doggie clothes need washing? Has anyone thrown them in a Dryel bag (home dry cleaning)? That seems like it would be easy.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I usually wash Jaxx's once a week when he wears them often. I just wash them normally. I will usually throw his blankets and clothes into one load and then do a small load. I just don't use any fabric softener because I don't want to risk irritating his skin (he becomes itchy from allergies very easily so I just have never risked the fabric softener.)

Jaxx doesn't have any frilly clothes though his are mostly t-shirts and polos.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I don't really have doggie clothes for Rocky but I do wash his soft harnesses and toys by hand (as especially toys can get clumpy in the washing machine). I throw his blankets and snuggle bags in the washing machine on a lower heat (40°C).
Whenever something is more valuable or you are not sure about whether it can go in the washing machine I would always rather wash it by hand than being sorry afterwards as it didn't work out well in the washing machine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts