Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a shower cos I got long hair it keeps clogging up the shower hole, I do clear it out,but the water still rises when the shower is on, and somehow some water is leaking into the downstairs flat? Im not sure how it could be me if the water has nowhere to go but sit in my shower? The neighbour came to me and complained, not sure how I caused it he said he is going to tell the landlord of me. so inow im worried im going to be blamed for something. It doesnt look good for me if the shower keeps clogging up? What do i do? Am I to blame? Im worried the landlord will call a plumber out and bill me for it. :(

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Well I don't know how to keep the drain from plugging up with hair. I have short hair and our shower every once in a while needs the hair cleaned out. I can't think that would cause a leak though. Your neighbor sounds like a disagreeable sort wanting to blame everything that goes wrong on somebody else, nasty man. Let him tell. The leak should be the landlords responsibility. At least here in the US landlords are responsible for things like that, even if the tenant is to blame, in most cases. It is after all, the landlords property.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Yeah, don't worry - it has to get sorted one way or another - why don't you tell your landlord yourself? It's their job to maintain stuff like that, and at least if you go to them then it will shut the nasty neighbour up!

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Answer

I just had a shower cos I got long hair it keeps clogging up the shower hole, I do clear it out,but the water still rises when the shower is on, and somehow some water is leaking into the downstairs flat? Im not sure how it could be me if the water has nowhere to go but sit in my shower? The neighbour came to me and complained, not sure how I caused it he said he is going to tell the landlord of me. so inow im worried im going to be blamed for something. It doesnt look good for me if the shower keeps clogging up? What do i do? Am I to blame? Im worried the landlord will call a plumber out and bill me for it. :(
You can buy little round sink strainers that fit you plug hole,they have a fine mesh,they catch all sorts,you can get them from Tesco or DIY.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
It also might be the gunk left from the previous renters of your flat. My cousins daughter had the same thing.You could also try soda crystals or the mr muscel type bath/shower unblockers they sell in super markets they might help to clear some of the stuff in there.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i could do but im not in favour with the landlord since when I first moved in I spent 2 months rent,because i cant manage my money and im not getting enough help from authorties.Even so i agree its the landlords thing. it is werid though that whenever i use the shower water drips through to downstairs neighbours bathroom,

·
Registered
621 Posts
It shouldn't be your problem. it should be the Landlords... It sounds like there might be a broken/leaking pipe if its draining into their bathroom. Id deff. talk to your landlord about it, so he can fix the problem.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
landlords are a nightmare sometimes, Dont let them bill you for it as you didnt break it, it must be general ware and tear the pipes could be old and sprung a leak or anything!

Those strainer things are great for plug holes!

When we moved in here the sink was and is still blocked the water takes overnight to drain so we have to brush our teeth in the bath lol I think its because the pipe that leads from the sink to drain it is far to small, hopefully moving soon though fingers crossed!!

Good luck with the landlord and the stupid neighbour xxxx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts