Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, life can be real challenging at times. We all hurt, struggle, suffer,
we all go through moments of fear and weakness. Yet these little munchkins,
our precious little dogs remain so faithful and true, right there by our side,
little heartbeats at our feet. They offer such love and companionship to us,
unconditionally. Through the good and the bad they are there, wagging their
tails and licking our faces. I think that even though we are all from different
parts of the world, all from different walks of life, we all have one thing in
common, we all are fortunate to have amazing, loyal friends, our dogs.

I was getting a little sad about Bella's LP, wondering why on earth is it
necessary for such a tiny little girl to have such a problem. Then I realized
that I just need to enjoy her as much as possible and do all I can to help
without feeling sad for her. She does not care about her issues, she lives
her life happy to wake up each day, happy to smell fresh air, happy to play
with mama, happy to just be alive. I watch her and I take it all in, I think to
myself "Hey if this 2 pound baby can be so optimistic then so can I". We can
all learn so much from our fur kids, I'm learning everyday. My health might not
be great, my wallet might not be full, life might throw stones at me left and
right, yet I'm alive and I am loved, I am needed and cherished, by this sweet
little angel called Bella. She counts on me, so I try to ensure that she is
healthy and happy, after all that is the least I can do for all that she provides
for me. If you ladies agree with me, then take a moment to go pet, hug, kiss
or play with your pups, show them they matter, show them they are special
and wonderful. Feed them well, heal them, walk them, play with them, love
them, enjoy them, after all, they won't be here forever. Lets make the best of
it, while we can.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brought tears to my eyes! You are so right!
Me too Christie. I get a little sentimental thinking about my life, and I need
a reminder sometimes that things aren't as bad as they seem. I am fortunate,
I just take it for granted sometimes, I don't mean to, I try hard to enjoy every
moment and be grateful for every breath, but I'm only human. My dogs bring me
so many smiles and laughs, I could never thank them enough. They keep me
physically healthier thanks to their walks and play time, and they keep me
mentally healthier as well. I just hope I am able to give back at least a
fraction of what they give me. It might sound corny, but if you truly take a
good look at things that matter in life, it is the simple things. Material things,
youth, health, it all comes and goes, but nothing can come between our dogs
and the love they have for us, for as long as they live. That is something to
remember and treasure.

I agree completely LS. When I look at my girls how happy they are no matter what is wrong they are always by my side.

Absolutely, dogs don't judge, don't question, don't abandon. They are just
loving and oh so forgiving. Humans can be so cruel to them, yet they still wag
their little tails. One of the very important lessons I learned from my rescues
is forgiveness, we have to forgive and move on, otherwise we'll never have
peace of mind. Life is too short to hold grudges and feel sorry for ourselves.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I agree 100% LS.

I think that humans can learn so much from animals. No matter what the circumstances, they always have a positive outlook. They live in the moment, they don't dwell on the past or worry about the future. They are always able to heal, or at least try too.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Those were lovely words and ring so true LS.

I live in Greece. Things are terrible. Every day is a very big financial struggle. I never had unpaid bills before, I never had to count coins in my hand at the supermarket to make sure I have enough for basic stuff. We never really had a lot but now we have practically nothing. I lost alot of work due to the economic crisis and my husband works 16 hours a day now. I explain to my daughter that one day things will be good again. She is 12 and never complains. As a person, I am optimistic and I always try to see the bright side of things, even when I was having alot of issues with panic attacks and things a few years ago or when several not so pleasant things happened, I still remained. Complaining was such a waste of time! For the last 2 years however, it has not been easy at all to be optimistic, basically we are witnessing this country going over the edge and we are all being dragged down with it.....

Normally dogs are very expensive here but the generousity of a friend who wanted to make my daughter's dream of having a dog come true was what changed our lives. The doorbell rang and he placed the box on the floor and many things changed.

This little ball of white lightning has brought so much joy to all. We all laugh every day and have the best wake up call of a little cool black nose poking us all over and little pink tongue slurping at us like we are the tastiest of morsels. We get a lot of needle-like bites too but we are working on that! She is truly our new entertainment center and we can watch her for hours running and playing and being Miss Boss of everyone. We care for her all day and worry and fuss over her.

You are right..we are so lucky. They are members of our family, our children. I dont think there are enough lucky stars in the sky to thank for that....

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Amberleah could care less about her problems and I do learn from her too, she makes my painful days so much better with her love she give me. I know just what you are saying LS. I wish human would just learn from our fur baby's to give all the love they do. so many people have no love in them theses days it all about them only. Amberleah and the cats keep me moving and not just sitting around watch TV. This forum keeps me going to and Thank you to all....

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well said, thank you for posting that.

I've been going through a rough patch... Lately it feels like nothing seems to go right or I'm always messing up. I'm so grateful for my little one. Even on a really tough day when it's all I can do to drag my feet through the door, she always has this way of making me smile in spite of myself. Always happy, and loves unconditionally. I really should take a leaf out of her book. It's always easier to want more, dwell on the past, and take our loved ones for granted. But I still have a lot of things going for me, and that's all I could ever want. I have a bright future, wonderful family and friends, and of course, my awesome little dog. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.