Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gadget and I just wanted to tell everyone that we made it back home. It was a long hot drive up to my moms house.. We started at 11am on Tuesday it was already 85 degrees by 10 am that morning... The a/c doesn't work that well and he could only have our windows rolled down half way because the wind blowing into the car was imossible for Amanda to handle in the back seat... So we stopped like a thousand times... No not really but it seemed like it...

We get up the freeway about 50 miles and my car started making this weird noise. So I pulled over in the next town and went to a gas station to have somebody check my oil... I hate doing it and I didn't want to get greesy... This kid (he was a teenager) checked it when it was too hot and he didn't let the oil settle back down into the oil pan so he got a false reading... he tried to tell me it was 2 quarts low and I only let him put in 1 quart of oil because I knew it could be 2 quartz low...

Then we get back on the road and Amanda has to go potty... So we get off at the next rest stop.... this happens 3 more times because either my mom had to go or Amanda had to go... We got off the freeway almost half way there and got coffee.. It was so nice to have some caffeine... I had a coffee shake and got back ont he road... we stopped at a rest stop soon after that and Gadget I think had a hyperclocemia spat... it was scarey and the first one he had.. I think between him notr eating his breakfast and the heat it hit him.. So we cooled him down and gave him some cheese (the only thing he would eat) and got back ont he road.. then we stopped at the half way mark and stopped and made sandwiches and went potty and got back on the road.. I am driving eating and feeding gadget my turkey and cheese from my sandwhich... It is funny he just sat there and waited for every bite...

After that stop I didn't stop again until I got to my moms house.. then it was run to the bathroom time... hehehehhe

It was about 85 degrees there and It was the hottest opart of the day, so we went over to my aunts house and visited her until it cooled off...

Got Amanda off to her dads and the rest of the evening we just relaxed...

Wednesday I went over and helped my aunt paint the concrete under my Grandmas memoral park bench... It was fun we were kinda stupid because we didn't want to buy a gallon of the paint for $26.00 so we went down the street to another paint store and bought a quart... well, we ended up going back tot he store for a second one and after that we still didn't have enough... so now the concrete is only half painted and it looks stupid.. but it was hot and we were tired and didn't want to go back tot he store... the moral of this store is BUY THE GALLON CAN OF PAINT!!!!!!!

I took our little twin size air mattress with me and it has a hole in it.. I was sitting up by the morning time (any way it felt like i was). So I had a bright Idea.... I wasn't going to go buy another air mattress because we have like 3 of them at home.. so I went tot he store and bought one of theose pool float things... A whole $2.99 and I got it to my moms house and tried to blow it up with my pump but it didn't work.. so I went out to my car and got the tire pump that runs off the cigarette lighter... hehehehe that didn't work so I ended up blowing it up myself... I never want to do that again.... hehehehe

It was a pain in the darry air and I didn't sleep worth beans... so I woke up this morning at 5 am because my mom was walking around the house like a heard of elephants on a war path... I couldn't believe she was doing that... so I got up and took Gadget potty and laid back down.. didn't get back to sleep until about 8:30am and I had to get up to come home...

I only had to stop 2 times for Gadget to potty(I pottied the first stop) ont he way home... he was so good in the car.. I made sure heate god this morning before we left..

He wouldn't eat his dog food the whole time I was gone... I think it was because I didn't have his food bowl(forgot it at home but had his water bowl).

I am so glad to be home.... I thought I had less to come home with but my mom gave me so much material that I had my trunk full and my back seat full of stuff when I came home...

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
when i worked at the dollar store we sold pool floaties and i had to blow up all the display pieces, my boss said i was full of hot air so it had to be my job to do it. ever since then i get someone else to blow up kylie's pool floaties lol!

glad you are back! i missed ya! chiwi is like gadget she won't eat unless she is home. :roll:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mandi, that had to have sucked... I would never have done more than 1...
Chiwi is like Gadget... I just made his food in his own dish and with his favorite cheese(cheddar) and he chowed it.. and then wanted a lil weinny... (vienna sausage). thank you mandi I missed you too..

thank you miss molly...

Chimom, you would have loved this trip.... I sometimes wonder if I could ever go up there and back with no adventure... but it seems like I get in my car and I drive away from home and something is bound to happen...
Thank you I am very glad We made it safe and sound. At least I didn't lock my keys in the car this time... hehehehhe

My bed looked so good I had to lay down for a while after I got home... hehehhee

I am headed back to bed now... I think tomorrow is going to be a lazy day for me....

Gadget is a ball of energy right now...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts