3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well just waiting on the bloods to come back
but after the scan, candy has 4 tumours
on her lungs. neoplasia i think it was called,
but its not good, if we go a head to have surgery
she might not make a recovery, and the vet said
they may find more when they open her up.if we leave her
and treat her with meds it could only be 2 months.
and she would have no quality of life, and thats not fair.
iv just told oisin how sick she is, hes 7, and is not taking it too well.
cody is still raw. he does not want to say goodbye.
im acheing for him.
my head is spinning all day.
its not a position i would like to see anyone be in.
i dont know what else to say

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Oh no Amanda!! That is awful news. Poor Candy. You knew something was wrong, but I never expected it to be cancer. I'm so very sorry for you. My heart just goes out to you and your family. What a heartbreaker. You have certainly had your share of horrible these past few months. :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oh no my heart aches for you. I will pray for Oisin this must be so hard for him & the family. Please give Candy lots of love for me she looks like such a sweet girl.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Oh Amanda i'm so very sorry,poor Oisin he's been through a lot (and you) in the last months it must be so hard for you all,as you say she must have quality of life and i know you will make the decision that's best for her."HUGS" I had to make that decision for my last chi and it's the hardest thing i have ever done in my life

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I cannot stand this year for you.

Let there be some sunshine on the way, please...

We'll be thinking of you and your family.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Amanda,

I'm so sorry. I just read this at work and my heart sunk into my stomach.
I wish there was something to say.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I am so sorry :(. My childhood dog, a Rottweiler, had a brain tumor so I know what it feels like to hear the news. I know you will make the right decision for your girl.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Reading this made me tear up! God bless you Candy girl, you're in my prayers! I wish the best for you sweet girl. I am so sorry you're going through this tough time hon, I wish I could give you a hug. :(

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Oh Amanda, my heart is aching for you and your family. I cannot begin to think of any words that would comfort you.. The pain I feel from losing Charlie Chan and Fancy this year is still so raw, and what you have been thru is so much worse than what I suffered.. my two babies were quite elderly and had long happy lives..I will be sincerely praying for you and for Candy. Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
141 Posts
My thought go out to your family, poor Candy.
You will make the right decision what is best for you all. xxx

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Oh Amanda, I am so sorry. I don't know what to say. I wish I could be there for you. Many (((HUGS))) to you and Oisin. You Oisin and Candy will be in my thoughts and prayers ....

·
Registered
609 Posts
Very sorry to hear that news--warm thoughts to you and your family during this difficult time! :(

1 - 20 of 39 Posts