Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have two chihuahuas? Are they double the trouble? lol I think Dolly may want another friend. Although my collie plays with her.. maybe she'd like someone more her size. Then again... my fiance and I are stuck between getting another chihuahua, another collie, a german shepherd or a sheltie. What do you think? We want a dog that gets along with kids and cats of course.. but I think it's all about how you train them. If I were to get another chihuahua it would be male and I think i'd want to breed Dolly with him.. but it won't be for a couple years. Until I learn more about breeding, Dolly gets older 2+ and fatter etc.

Anybody have any of the other dog breeds here?

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I have 2 chis and I can honestly say ti is no different to 1 and in some respects easier as they play and keep each other company and it is lovely to see them curled up in bed together :wave:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
We just got our 2nd Chi. It is going really well. I honestly think Bosco is a happier dog because of Lola. Obviously potty training Lola is more work (or double the trouble as you said, LOL) but other than that it isn't any different than having 1.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I have 2 as well. I love having 2 chi's and do want more. Like Ozzysmom says it's easier because they keep eachother company, playing etc. :)

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I have 2 girls and I think having 2 is no different than 1. The second one learns from the first one, and that includes pottying.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I am excited about having 2, and how could anyone be involved in this Chi-people and only have 1?? :wink:
My hubby's concern lately is that what is the noise gonna be like? My Lola has became a "BARKER" and he just told me the other night while she was being loud, "you really want another one??" :shock:
I do love the idea of them having eachother, that will be the best part. Let us know if you do!!! If you are thinking about it, I bet you do in the next 3 months, just watch!!!! he,he!! :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi! I have more than one dog--3 actually. One chihuahua, Ace, who is 8 months old. Summer is a 7 month old pug/beagle mix. And Abby is a 1 year old german shepherd. Actually, I am in college, so Ace and Summer belong to me and my boyfriend and live with us on campus. Abby lives at home with my parents.

Anyways, getting another dog is a great idea! If I were you, I'd get another chihuahua. They'd get along great and would be perfect size for one another to wrestle and play and cuddle with. Ace-my chi-loves my german shepherd Abby, but sometimes he's a little afraid of her size. Abby is still a puppy herself, so when I go home with Ace Abby gets all excited and jumps all over the place. I know she'd never intentionally hurt Ace, but Im scared sometimes that he will get trampled.

I think another chi would be perfect!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So... we ended up getting.... a german shepherd puppy. Wayne (fiance) picked her out. I guess that's what you get when you let them pick it out. lol She's a wonderful dog though except all she does so far is cry at the door. I feel so bad for her. Dolly isn't too interested in her actually.. but I think they will be good friends. Lassie on the other hand has to be RIGHT THERE in her face. lol No names yet either... we have so far: Abby, Chloe, Mya, Roxy, Hailee, and Lexi (Lexis). Any ideas? Here's her pics...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't know why, but Bunny popped into my head when I saw her pic. She is adorable and she looks like she is going to have beautiful ears when they come up. Good luck with her!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts