Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST KIDDING!! =D :hello1:

(Sorry couldn't help myself.)

Everything went well... little Mia Zofia aka "Zoey" is now settling in getting used to her new environment. The other gals took well to her. (Gatsby is staying with a friend until we figure out what we want to do about the limit. She has a huuuge rescue pack, 6 cresteds, a brussels and a chi/crestie so he has the company he thrives on. And still gets to sleep on the bed so no complaints on his end lol.)
Zoey is a little timid, but warming up quickly since she needs us to be able to pick her up to get on the couch or up the last step into the house after going outside. She walks very awkwardly, mostly her back legs; due to an injury of falling down stairs at 9 weeks. It's kind of sad to watch, but I don't want to 'feel sorry' for her since she compensates very well and doesn't really know any differently. She just needs a little help every once in a while. Other than that she's all independent, chi diva. Want to get back to "getting to know" her, so I won't waste more time, I know the pix are all you guys want. ;) =P

Exchanging formalities ;) (Note: Kahlua is still holding her bear LOL)

Not a good pic, but you can kinda tell she just isn't "right,"

Already barking to let us know someone's here... lol

"I dun no bouts dis place..."

"I may habs diss'bilties but iz still gots at'tudez!!"

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
She's a cutie for sure! Have fun with her!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awww special needs pups always steal my heart. She sure is cute!
OMG I love your dogs name!! I'm a Dukes of Hazzard fan... =) Yay for Illinois Chihuahuas!! We need to recruit more of us to do a meet-up.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Awwww So glad you got her. Yeah, she looks a little tucked in in the back. Delilah is tucked in, too, from having a broken pelvis. Do you know what the vet said or xrays showed after the accident? Was it a broken pelvis or a broken back?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have no idea! =( She gave me the vets info so I may ask when I call and transfer the vaccine info over. She's such a sweetie, whenever she needs help she'll spin in a circle and whine lol. Like that's her sign of 'i can't do this by myself.'

Gonna hafta look into some glucosamine for the winter...

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Yay!!! So happy for you!!! Congrats on your new precious baby!! : )

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Congrats lol you scared me too.She is so sweet looking.I love her.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi so glad you got her she is very cute i like the pic of her barking shes so small your a good person to give her a forever home

·
Registered
126 Posts
Aw! That is so great! :) She looks happy and content in her new surrounding already.

I bet you miss Gatsby, though!

PS your crested is GORGEOUS.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I do miss the G-man. =( It's been such a weird situation with him... he was just supposed to be a rescue when I got him; but he was so emaciated and needed surgery as he was a chryptorchid neuter that he stayed much longer than we thought to get him back to full health. By then we were in love with him (funny how that happens...) We had for a very short while, a couple move in with us. They were married and all seemed happy, they wanted a dog, figured well he won't actually be 'moving' so we transferred ownership to the wife. After winter passed... life happened, and they filed for divorce. =( She couldn't take him when she moved out.. still wanted to, but I understood her situation and that he needed more stability than she could offer no matter how much she wanted to. It was really tough. He loves and needs to be with other dogs; he does so well as part of a pack. The friend he's staying with, as I mentioned in another thread is the kind of lady that if I die and come back as a dog, I wanna live with her, lol! She's been my friend and partner in rescue for years. Been giving me updates every day since the trial began and SO FAR so good. Nothin's set in stone yet, as we want to 'feel out' what HE does best in; and if he wasn't adjusting he'd be right back here in a heartbeat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts