Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As many of you know Mimi has had an elevated ALT (liver enzyme) for a little over a year now. We discovered it when we did her presurgical spay lab work and were so shocked bc she's such a happy, hyper little girl. She has 0 symptoms of liver issues, no lethargy, wobbling, vomiting, ect.

We have tried giving her milk thistle, sam-e and liquid hepato, all of which have not helped at all. This past August her ALT was the highest at 325. This is when I decided to stop feeding her kibble topped with Stella and chewys and to try The Honest Kitchen, a much cleaner, less processed food. Now 4 or 5 months after eating THK and still giving her treats like before (Becker's bites, bullies, beef curls), I wanted to see where it was at.

So we went to the vet today for a recheck, really wanting to see if the food switch was helping at all. Well her level came back at 209!! A huge improvement from 325 just 4 months ago!! It's still elevated but not as much. I'm going to start the liquid hepato again to see if that helps and we will recheck in april!

On our way there!!

She was such a good girl at the vet, I was so proud of her!! Someone commented how she was the quietest one there!

We had some surprises waiting for us at home! Our new doggie beds!! Lola and Mojo just turned 6, mimi is turning 2 next week and leo the 1st of February so I bought them new Bessie and Barnie beds to celebrate! We have 1 more coming, they sent us the wrong one!

My handsome boys!

Super soft shag underneath!

Lola Bear loves her new bed!

My lovely ladies!!

Meemers getting cozy!

That's all folks!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Omg did I hear you say Lola and Moj are 6? Where did the time go? They were barely 2 when I met them? And MiMi turning 2? And Leo has a birthday coming to? Lol. Everyone is growing up. And I see they all finally have smart tee sets that fit. Love it! I was so nervous about if the s/m smart tee should fit Kendall and Bailey but it worked out. Love those tee sets, they literally go with everything. I've been putting a tee shirt a day on Ava and she wears them all day til bed. This is gonna be one busy year for me. Gotta a lot going on! Lol. Glad to hear Mimi's results went well. Hope you had a great Christmas and hopefully transitioning soon from puppyhood to mommy hood. Congrats and Good Luck on what's to come in the near future for you.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Omg did I hear you say Lola and Moj are 6? Where did the time go? They were barely 2 when I met them? And MiMi turning 2? And Leo has a birthday coming to? Lol. Everyone is growing up. And I see they all finally have smart tee sets that fit. Love it! I was so nervous about if the s/m smart tee should fit Kendall and Bailey but it worked out. Love those tee sets, they literally go with everything. I've been putting a tee shirt a day on Ava and she wears them all day til bed. This is gonna be one busy year for me. Gotta a lot going on! Lol. Glad to hear Mimi's results went well. Hope you had a great Christmas and hopefully transitioning soon from puppyhood to mommy hood. Congrats and Good Luck on what's to come in the near future for you.
Thank you! Wishing you all the best this year too. Last year was so nuts with all the weddings, I am hoping this one will be more relaxing! What are you planning for this year?

The pups are getting so old too fast, it's kinda crazy. We went to woof life today after the vet and Leslie priced the smart tees down to $9 each so I gave in, I'm trying not to buy dog clothes anymore and actually want to sell a lot of what they have but it's hard letting go, lol. I ended up with the s/m for the girls and leo, they fit more like dresses but maybe they will shrink?? She didn't have any smalls left. We found the bessie and barnie beds on clearance on amazon for $30 each only so I couldn't pass that up.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Thank you! Wishing you all the best this year too. Last year was so nuts with all the weddings, I am hoping this one will be more relaxing! What are you planning for this year?

The pups are getting so old too fast, it's kinda crazy. We went to woof life today after the vet and Leslie priced the smart tees down to $9 each so I gave in, I'm trying not to buy dog clothes anymore and actually want to sell a lot of what they have but it's hard letting go, lol. I ended up with the s/m for the girls and leo, they fit more like dresses but maybe they will shrink?? She didn't have any smalls left. We found the bessie and barnie beds on clearance on amazon for $30 each only so I couldn't pass that up.

You.....sell some dog clothes hahahaha! Kidding, I bet you will eventually get around to it. I have gotten rid of of so many dog clothes and collars. Usually selling them really cheap or giving them away to Morgan. Thank goodness for her. Because Armani can wear Bailey's size and Evie is 1 yr yesterday and a very stocky 4 lbs, so she fits good in Ava's size or anything slightly too big for Ava. And those beds were a steal.! I could use 1 more new bed. And those smart tees were a steal!

I have a lot of personal changes that have occurred in the past few weeks. And some upcoming opportunities. Hopefully 2015 will be a great yr! 😊

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Oh that's such good news about Mimi!! You must be feeling relieved. Even if it's still elevated, it's great to know that there's been a lot of progress so things are going in the right direction. I love the dog beds too!

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Congratulations on Mimi's great news. :) You must be so relieved, it's scary when the bloods just keep getting worse. The beds are gorgeous and I love how they pose so beautifully for their treats. You really have stunning dogs. I'll be looking for winter clothes soon for my dogs (11.5", 12.5" & 14" girths) so if you decide that you can part with anything, please let me know. I understand if you can't, I'm cleaning out my harnesses at the moment and had to force myself to part with one that hasn't been used in over a year! I'm hopeless. Lol.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You.....sell some dog clothes hahahaha! Kidding, I bet you will eventually get around to it. I have gotten rid of of so many dog clothes and collars. Usually selling them really cheap or giving them away to Morgan. Thank goodness for her. Because Armani can wear Bailey's size and Evie is 1 yr yesterday and a very stocky 4 lbs, so she fits good in Ava's size or anything slightly too big for Ava. And those beds were a steal.! I could use 1 more new bed. And those smart tees were a steal!

I have a lot of personal changes that have occurred in the past few weeks. And some upcoming opportunities. Hopefully 2015 will be a great yr! 😊
I have so much to go through, it gives me anxiety to think about it which is probably why I put it off for so long!
Hope everything works out for you, if you want it bad enough, it will!

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh that's such good news about Mimi!! You must be feeling relieved. Even if it's still elevated, it's great to know that there's been a lot of progress so things are going in the right direction. I love the dog beds too!
Thank you Camille! It was much needed since every alt we did was higher than the previous, I was feeling so helpless and didn't want her to suffer later on for having it elevated over a long time.

We didn't need new dog beds but I'm a Sucker for a good deal! And now I can donate their other ones to my mom who will love them!

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations on Mimi's great news. :) You must be so relieved, it's scary when the bloods just keep getting worse. The beds are gorgeous and I love how they pose so beautifully for their treats. You really have stunning dogs. I'll be looking for winter clothes soon for my dogs (11.5", 12.5" & 14" girths) so if you decide that you can part with anything, please let me know. I understand if you can't, I'm cleaning out my harnesses at the moment and had to force myself to part with one that hasn't been used in over a year! I'm hopeless. Lol.
Thank you! It just stinks when u think ur helping with various supplements and never seeing any improvement. I'm really impressed with The Honest Kitchen, amazing company.

They love the dog beds too! They always think everything is for them anyway, lol, no matter what it is!

I will definitely let you know, I have Mojo's things that fit 15" chest and the other 3 have 12-12.5" chests so I will have lots to fit your babies! :)

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
that is such great news that Mimis Alt level has come down that much !!!
Mimi, Lola, Leo, and Mojo all look so adorable in there new beds. :).

Today, I threw away 4 old doggie beds to make room for the 5 new Bessie and Barnie ones I just bought. heres a pic I snapped this morning. they had there breakfast and wanted to get some sleep in the sun

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that is such great news that Mimis Alt level has come down that much !!!
Mimi, Lola, Leo, and Mojo all look so adorable in there new beds. :).

Today, I threw away 4 old doggie beds to make room for the 5 new Bessie and Barnie ones I just bought. heres a pic I snapped this morning. they had there breakfast and wanted to get some sleep in the sun

Thanks Elaine!!! 😍
I think they just love them, just as much as your girls look like they're loving theirs! Can never have too many doggie beds! I love the picture of your girls, they're so beautiful. I have really enjoyed watching Ellie grow, she's a doll!

BTW I heard from M today, she said she shipped my cream boa but the pink never arrived, she's waiting to hear back from them. I wonder if it's sold out????

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Thanks Elaine!!! ��
I think they just love them, just as much as your girls look like they're loving theirs! Can never have too many doggie beds! I love the picture of your girls, they're so beautiful. I have really enjoyed watching Ellie grow, she's a doll!

BTW I heard from M today, she said she shipped my cream boa but the pink never arrived, she's waiting to hear back from them. I wonder if it's sold out????
i looked on both the US pariero site and the Japan site and the availability chart said only size XS was available in the Boa hoodie now. i hope you end up getting the pink one too and i hope i get my 2 Sherri hoodies, but i an kinda doubtful. Cant wait to see Mimi in her cream boa hoodie !

1 - 20 of 30 Posts