Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will let you guys know how well it works for us in about a month. So far I'm trying to figure out how in the World to get any of the spray in their mouth. This thing will NOT go anywhere close to inside their mouths. I just have to hold their mouth open, spray, and hope some goes in there. :lol: They weren’t to fond of the "shower," and having it all up their noses, but I'm going to keep trying. :lol:

Nope, this is a trick, I just know it.

My Mama has got to be crazy coming at me wit dat ting in her hand!

If I ignore her, you think she will go away wit whateber she has in her hand? We havs no cwue what she'll do to us next!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
The first pic! lol. Aw hehe, I can imagine it's going to be tricky. I'd have a very hard time using it on Roo, (Pip's back teeth too, I think, but I'm not that good at this kind of thing :lol:) so I can't imagine using it on the wee's. I hope you're able to manage it, T. :) Let us know how it goes, fingers crossed they eventually end up with more of it in their mouth then in their wittle noses. ;)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Gosh T! That bottle looks so big next to their little heads! I wonder if you could saturate the end of a q-tip and then rub it on their teeth/gums? I can't imagine holding their little mouths open and using that big squirter! haha!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I think Tracy's q-tip idea is great, I will try to remember to take a short video of how I get it in my dog's mouths, I can explain it but its just not the same as seeing it. Mine are all pretty cooperative too of "mummy's crazies".

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Gosh T! That bottle looks so big next to their little heads! I wonder if you could saturate the end of a q-tip and then rub it on their teeth/gums? I can't imagine holding their little mouths open and using that big squirter! haha!
That's a great idea, Tracy! It would be a lot easier for sure!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Lol dex hated that spray from the start. It took atleast a couple months worth od tries to finally not run like hell away from me. He was very smart and always hid his mouth in blankets and such and i had to pry his teeth open by lettin him chew on his nylabone plastic chicken flav bone and sprayin it while he shows his teeth lol. Now after he realized it wasnt a bad thing he lets me spray 1 spray each side...nothin more haha

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Or you could try one of the doggy toothbrushes. It would be more easily controlled that way. Hope it works for them!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I was gonna say, funny thing is...mine kindof like the spray. They aren't pleased with the spraying itself, but they always try to lick the bottle.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Draco would like it...he is like a cat and comes and sniffs my mouth when I am chewing gum.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The first pic! lol. Aw hehe, I can imagine it's going to be tricky. I'd have a very hard time using it on Roo, (Pip's back teeth too, I think, but I'm not that good at this kind of thing :lol:) so I can't imagine using it on the wee's. I hope you're able to manage it, T. :) Let us know how it goes, fingers crossed they eventually end up with more of it in their mouth then in their wittle noses. ;)
Isn't that funny! She's such a character! Girl, you don't have to be good at it. If it doesn't work, it just doesn't work. :lol: Their mouths are so tiny, that there really is no way of getting it in there. The tip of the spray is even bigger than their mouths. So you are basically showering them with it when you spray. :lol: I'm gonna have to try the Q-tip idea. :)

It's a 2.2 oz. bottle, but compared to their heads, it's huge! :lol: No way of getting it in there like it should be. I'm going to try the Q-tip idea, thank you Tracy! :D

I think Tracy's q-tip idea is great, I will try to remember to take a short video of how I get it in my dog's mouths, I can explain it but its just not the same as seeing it. Mine are all pretty cooperative too of "mummy's crazies".
I would love to see a video! Unless I'm just crazy, or stupid, I can't figure out how this is supposed to work. If I lay them on their back, and they are still, and held their mouth open wider than comfortable, I might get a little in there. :lol: Lol @ Mommies crazies! I'm sure they wonder what the heck we'll be up to next. :lol:

Lol dex hated that spray from the start. It took atleast a couple months worth od tries to finally not run like hell away from me. He was very smart and always hid his mouth in blankets and such and i had to pry his teeth open by lettin him chew on his nylabone plastic chicken flav bone and sprayin it while he shows his teeth lol. Now after he realized it wasnt a bad thing he lets me spray 1 spray each side...nothin more haha
Mine will actually lick the bottle. :lol:

Haha omg the second pic of Jade! looks like theyve got their minds made up about that bottle already.
I think they would be fine if it wasn't so big. But it truly does shower their whole faces. Not very comfy having mint up your nose. :lol:

Or you could try one of the doggy toothbrushes. It would be more easily controlled that way. Hope it works for them!
We do brushing as well. But the gel would work much better for that.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Draco would like it...he is like a cat and comes and sniffs my mouth when I am chewing gum.
Ha-ha! Mine seem to dig the Minty taste too. :lol: Gia would take gum out of your mouth if you'd let her. :lol:

·
Registered
107 Posts
You will HAVE to let me know how this spray works for you!!!

I used the Petzlife gel for almost a year and it really didnt do much..... So I bought the Petzlife spray exact one you have, almost 3 months ago and I have used it EVERYDAY I have NOT missed a day, and did the brushing as well. and NOTHING has changed :( It has not worked.....

C.C HATED it when I tried to spray it in her mouth for the first couple of weeks, it was a fight :( I felt so bad, but I had to do it, for her health. But now slowly she is getting better at it.

So keep at it, and I really hope you get way better results than me :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I put the gel on a very small toothbrush. Then brush their teeth with it, either that or put a small dollop on a cookie at bedtime, that's Zoey's favorite.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You will HAVE to let me know how this spray works for you!!!

I used the Petzlife gel for almost a year and it really didnt do much..... So I bought the Petzlife spray exact one you have, almost 3 months ago and I have used it EVERYDAY I have NOT missed a day, and did the brushing as well. and NOTHING has changed :( It has not worked.....

C.C HATED it when I tried to spray it in her mouth for the first couple of weeks, it was a fight :( I felt so bad, but I had to do it, for her health. But now slowly she is getting better at it.

So keep at it, and I really hope you get way better results than me :)
I will do an update after one month of use. :) I know what you mean. Mine don't mind the taste, they just are typical dogs and don't like things that are unnatural to them. But it's for their best interest, so they'll just have to get over it. :lol:

I haven't started using it the way I should yet. We had a trial run, but I'm going to start using it daily now. I just need to try out the Q-tip trick and see if that actually gets any on their teeth.

I put the gel on a very small toothbrush. Then brush their teeth with it, either that or put a small dollop on a cookie at bedtime, that's Zoey's favorite.
I think the gel would have been a better option for us. :) Mine can't really have treats, so it will have to be on the brush. I'll figure something out, I'm sure. My guinea pigs. :lol:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I will do an update after one month of use. :) I know what you mean. Mine don't mind the taste, they just are typical dogs and don't like things that are unnatural to them. But it's for their best interest, so they'll just have to get over it. :lol:

I haven't started using it the way I should yet. We had a trial run, but I'm going to start using it daily now. I just need to try out the Q-tip trick and see if that actually gets any on their teeth.

Yes please update in a month! I really want to know how it works for you! Alot of people seem to get great results although I have only heard never seen, so I really want to know if its true! I looked at her teeth again today, mabe its working a tiny bit???!!! Or I am just hoping lol!

I also tried the Q-tip, it wasted the spray since most of it soaked into the the Q-tip..... So I just fought it out and sprayed it right on her teeth, 2 sprays, 1 on each side, and then every couple days brushing....

good luck!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think it's working so far. I agree. The Q-tip soaks up too much of the product. Gave it a quick whirl. I just hold their mouth open, hold the bottle back aways, and spray. Not much goes in, but better than nothing I guess, right? I'll let you know what I think in a few weeks. :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Here's a video of how I use it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO08iNFrGLA

It is pretty easy for us at least. Even if a dog had a teeny tiny muzzle, this should still work you just will need to adjust which finger you use to hold the cheek away from the teeth. You can pull/tug pretty hard on the sides of their faces near their mouths without hurting them at all.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you for the vid, Kristi! :) Bryco did very well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts