Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend we are showing Bryco both days (Sat & Sun) at the Southern Colorado Kennel Club show. There is a MAJOR both days.

We are showing against Bryco's breeder and quite a few of their dogs, including a puppy his age they kept instead of him lol.

The smaller shows we've been to I haven't really thought we'd win, but we have, but I don't expect a win this weekend as he will be showing against a lot of mature dogs and people who have been handling dogs for years. There is one GORGEOUS LC boy that another lady has she's bringing, which I believe will take the major both days. :rolleyes:

I'm a little nervous! He is trained well and a gorgeous little dog but he doesn't quite have the pigment I'd like to see in a white. He HAS it but it doesn't POP the way some do. Eeee nervous! Wish us luck lol!

·
Registered
881 Posts
oh how exciting, make sure you get lots of photos :)

how many dogs need to be entered before he can get his points? and how long do you have to collect them all?

im sure he will be a little star for you as always xx

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Can't wait to hear how your weekend goes!! Bryco is a winner either way. Great experience for him and also a good chance for you to compare him to what else is out there competing against him right now. :) Glad his breeder gets to see him. Neat!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh how exciting, make sure you get lots of photos :)

how many dogs need to be entered before he can get his points? and how long do you have to collect them all?

im sure he will be a little star for you as always xx
I think there is a 4 point major both days, he has to beat 9+ dogs for that I think...but I'm not sure exactly what it is off the top of my head. He needs 2 majors to get a championship and a total of 15 points. He has 1 point so far toward his championship so 14 to go! There's no time limit on collecting the points, but I think it will take about a year to finish him.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I think there is a 4 point major both days, he has to beat 9+ dogs for that I think...but I'm not sure exactly what it is off the top of my head. He needs 2 majors to get a championship and a total of 15 points. He has 1 point so far toward his championship so 14 to go! There's no time limit on collecting the points, but I think it will take about a year to finish him.
oh so its kinda like a junior warrant with out a time limit. perry has now got 12 or 13 points for his JW but we didnt think he would get as many so haven't done any open shows :( and he is 18months soon so time has run out :(

cant wait to hear how you do and see all his pretty ribbons :) xx

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh so its kinda like a junior warrant with out a time limit. perry has now got 12 or 13 points for his JW but we didnt think he would get as many so haven't done any open shows :( and he is 18months soon so time has run out :(

cant wait to hear how you do and see all his pretty ribbons :) xx
The single and double points are pretty easy to come by but majors are tough. I don't think he will get those until he's more mature.

I'm not sure how your shows work over there and your points whatnot -- it sounds like Perry's points will expire though? We don't have junior or different levels of points, they all are just championship points.

·
Registered
881 Posts
The single and double points are pretty easy to come by but majors are tough. I don't think he will get those until he's more mature.

I'm not sure how your shows work over there and your points whatnot -- it sounds like Perry's points will expire though? We don't have junior or different levels of points, they all are just championship points.
yeah you can only collect JW points until they are 18 months old and you need 25 point, junior warrant is kinda like a junior champion (but not lol)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Aww go bryco!! You may surprise yourself go in thinking you have the best dog!! Get lots of pics!!! How cool would it be if you beat his breeder

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
How exciting! Very cool that his breeder will be there as well. Best of luck to you and Bryco, hun!! Whatever happens, it'll be great experience either way. I can't wait to hear all about it and see pics! :) xx

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Exciting!! I'll be thinking of you guys & hope he does well! **fingers crossed** Will hubby be there to take some photos?? ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts