Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a NEW addition to our pack!! I know I am crazy. A little over a month ago I saw an ad for this precious Jewel on Puppy find but I was out of the Country and before I came back a family left a deposit on her. Well turns out the family did not like her in person after seeing her this weekend, breeder said they described her color as yuck! I could never say that about any dog!!! Geezzzz well long story short, we loved her pics (I originally thought they were photoshopped) and now she is at home. She has been terrified all day so now I am trying to make her comfortable, I am going to take it easy this week and spend lots of time with her because this transition seems like its a little hard for her.

Let me know what you guys think!!! We WUV you guys!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Wow! House filled with chi's! How do your others do each time you bring a new chi hm. Do they all get along? She is a cutie. Have you chosen a name yet? Congrats!

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
I would also be extremely cautious about buying such a tiny puppy with those features. Does she have all her teeth? her tongue is protruding in several pics, which makes me wonder. Has she been seen by a vet?

·
Registered
22 Posts
What a sweet little girl! Congrats!! All the best to you and your pack as you adjust to your new baby. :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow! House filled with chi's! How do your others do each time you bring a new chi hm. Do they all get along? She is a cutie. Have you chosen a name yet? Congrats!
I know so many! Right now we have a whooping 5, well they become really curious. I do not want to bombard the new one with all the others so I introduce them one by one but first I quarantine the puppy just in case for a couple of weeks. The oldest Mia has terrible arthritis so she does not really move, just sleeps all day and the others just get excited lol

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She is such a sweetie, her markings are beautiful. I don't want to hurt your feelings but I just want to give you my honest opinion in that she looks hydro to me. Her head looks kinda big for her body and the way her eyes are protruding makes me think she has fluid on her brain. What do you think?
Zorana I was beyond terrified of this after our last experience! She came with a one year health guarantee and she had a vet visit with the breeder. I went to my vet already too and he said no hydro just a big head, told me to be careful with the open molera and he did say that apple heads are more prone to health issues in general, I would not take that at face value but going to look more into it. Her dad was similar with the big head and bulging eyes but yes I was so worried!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would also be extremely cautious about buying such a tiny puppy with those features. Does she have all her teeth? her tongue is protruding in several pics, which makes me wonder. Has she been seen by a vet?
Thank you! She is 12 weeks old and yes her teeth are fully out (she eats, plays) she has been seen by 2 Vets and my Vet agrees with the dates (she also updated pics on her website weekly so I believe her) and shes really not that small. Her to tongue sticks out from the short nozzle, I think its adorable reminds me of a little boy Nacho that my family had.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How old is she ? she looks so tiny.
Shes 12 weeks old and not so small shes 1.07 lbs. My other baby Jade was 12 weeks and 1.05 lbs and she is 4.5 lbs now, parents were 6 and 4 lbs.

·
Registered
387 Posts
She is so cute! Her pattern reminds me of camouflage clothing! lol Glad everything checked out so far health wise!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts