Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past week I've noticed Neeva's coat starting to thicken up more and finally grow in length yay!

She will be 6 months in over a week, she's still sitting at around 3lbs, but her personality is huge. She is one crazy pup.

Anyways when did you long coat owners start to notice a difference in your pups coat? I snapped some quick pics to show you ladies also.

This is her hair on her back..

And this is the hair around her neck, her little mane starting to come in. I've also noticed her tail hair really thickening up along with her ear fringing. I love the excitement all these changes make! Very interesting :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aww wow! She really is coming on lovely, her coat looks so thick.
Duchess keeps getting her fur pulled on by the other pups when they are fighting haha!
I am a proud chi mam! Its really thick, the shine off it is lovely but the exact same as Duchess whenever pablo and her are play fighting her ear fringe ends up soaked and tatty but she loves being brushed so its half the battle! I need some piccies of Duchess!

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Aww wow! She really is coming on lovely, her coat looks so thick.
Duchess keeps getting her fur pulled on by the other pups when they are fighting haha!
I am a proud chi mam! Its really thick, the shine off it is lovely but the exact same as Duchess whenever pablo and her are play fighting her ear fringe ends up soaked and tatty but she loves being brushed so its half the battle! I need some piccies of Duchess!
I'm currently in bed, in for a night of Harry Potter films and Chinese food but I will take some snaps of the devil duchess tomorrow. She's been biting lots lately, must be teething bless her.
I gave all mine a nail trim today, Darcy wasn't happy haha she's huffed with me!

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
If she is only 3lbs at 6 months I think she will stay tiny. Bibi was 3lbs at that age, and is still 3lbs now at 2 years. Jasper, who is her litter brother has definitely continued to fill out, he has got much more 'manly' in the last 6 months, well as manly as a 4lb chihuahua can get LMAO! I need to get him weighed again, last time he was just a smidge under 4lbs, but I think he feels heavier.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Her coat is coming in beautifully! I think she still has some growing to do as she's only 6 months. I do think she'll likely stay in the 3 lbs range though. But it's too early to say for sure. Ava was 3 lbs at 6 months, 3.6 lbs at 8 months and now at 2 yrs she is still 3.6 lbs. sometimes she will round out right at 3.8 when she's being a piggy lol. Not that a 2 oz difference is much!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
What a beautiful coat coming in on Neeva. I wish Carolina has a thick coat like that. I still think Neeva's going to do a little more growing, but probably nothing extreme at this point. She's still going to be a tiny, beautiful girl as an adult chi.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aww thank you ladies she's my pride and joy! I do hope she grows a bit more as she eats like its her last meal! Total grubber. You lot always have the best advice, I'll keep tracking her weight and growth and we will see how she goes!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Her coat is looking lovely. Has she gone into heat yet or is she spayed? Sorry to be party pooper, her first heat will mess with her coat!
Thank you! She's not spayed yet, I'll be doing it at 6 months though! I'm just a bit scared as she's so tiny about going under anaesthetic :(

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Wow Caitlyn...her coat looks so glossy and thick. It will be interesting to see if she looses any more if she goes into heat before you spay her.
We need more full body pics, I love watching the pups mature!
Hope you are feeling well. xoxoxo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts