Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One month ago today we got our little girl. I thought I would commemorate this event with some pictures of her antics around the house.

Hanging out in her sweater sent by her grandma and grandpa! Her ear is particularly floppy here, but it seems to go in phases, it is mostly standing up this week.

I call this one "Copley removes ears from toy as Kerri plays with the back of it like she is totally nuts"

This is a moment that I didn't really want, I had always been giving chews/food in different rooms till we all got used to each other. Well they decided they were used to each other and both picked up their kongs and walked over here. Copley even let the puppy use his body as a wedge so she could get more leverage.

It has been a great month, she is learning so fast and Copley could not be happier to have a friend around! This forum has been great too, I am sure I will contribute a lot in the future, but although I am experienced with dogs, I am totally new to chihuahuas, so I have mostly just been reading!

Thanks guys!

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Me too! The vet said if we taped it now we could probably get it to stand up. but I kinda like it. It is not like she is a show dog or anything!

If I were you, I wouldn't tape it, if it's meant to stand up it will.
How old is she anyways? She looks young, it's probably just due to teething.
And may I add, both your dogs are super cute! It's nice that they get along so well. :) Love the pics!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If I were you, I wouldn't tape it, if it's meant to stand up it will.
How old is she anyways? She looks young, it's probably just due to teething.
And may I add, both your dogs are super cute! It's nice that they get along so well. :) Love the pics!
Actually taping it never even crossed my mind. I was commenting on how ridiculous it was that my vet thought I would get a dog from the pound then tape it's ear. I don't really care if her ear is floppy or stiff, although it is awful cute when she looks at me with one ear flopped over.

She is 4 months, +- a week.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Actually taping it never even crossed my mind. I was commenting on how ridiculous it was that my vet thought I would get a dog from the pound then tape it's ear. I don't really care if her ear is floppy or stiff, although it is awful cute when she looks at me with one ear flopped over.

She is 4 months, +- a week.
Oh I know it wasn't your idea, I didn't mean it was bad or anything, I was just commenting. :)
But there is definitely still a chance the ear will go up, since your girl is in the midst of teething.
But of course she will be adorable either way. My little Chanel has floppy ears right now and they just melt my heart! :D

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
LS- I know you didn't mean anything bad by it, I was just clarifying.

Sometimes I am so unclear on the internet :)
Oh I know what you mean!!! It's tough sometimes to get your message across the way you mean it.
English is my 3d language, so I always worry that I'm not expressing myself properly, or that people will get the wrong idea. Urgh! LOL :roll: :lol:

OK back to Kerri :) How is the little one today?

·
Registered
77 Posts
She's very cute and thank you for getting her from the pound! Where I live there are hundreds of chis in the pounds. It's such a shame, and no chi rescues nearby. My own little guy that I intercepted at 2 weeks came originally from a puppy mill. My first post was to introduce myself and ask about his ears that are floppy and still are. I could care less at this point, he's managed to weasel his way into my heart!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I love the floppy ear!! It just makes her even more special! Look at pictures of Karen's pups (jesuschick). One of Ruby's ears is floppy AND ITS SO CUTE!!!!!

I'm so glad you were able to rescue her! I am glad she's fitting in well and that it's been a great month so far. Get ready for MANY more! :)

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everybody! She is super cute and we just love having her here.

Around here we have over 17,000 dogs put down a year at our county shelter, 90% of them are either a chihuahua or a pit bull. It is very sad. I know the problem is also very bad in California with those two breeds too. I just had to get a chi from the shelter, I could not bring myself to go to a breeder with so many being put down around here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts