Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Weasel went into labor last night, and had her first baby at 8:30 AM on day 60. She was very good during labor, and delivered her babies without a problem. We are very proud of her! We were expecting atleast 4 babies becuase she was HUGE, she only had two, but they were big. The first baby is a brindle and white boy, born at 8:30 AM. He weighed 4.3 OZ. He has a little white tip on the end of his tail. The second baby is a black and white little girl, born at 8:40 AM. She weighed in at 4.1 OZ. She has white on her face, neck, chest, feet, and tail. The babies are beautiful, very well nourished, and Wheezy is a wonderful mother. Shes sleeping with them at the moment, I'm sure shes very tired.
I promise to have pictures of the new arrivals up today! :)

Sorry some of them are blurry

·
Registered
181 Posts
Congrats! Those are big pups! Twice as big as my Bella's pups but Bella is on the petite side and there were 4. Two is a normal litter for a Chi though. 4 can be quite a lot for a Chi to take care of... They are beautiful!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thankyou everyone! My internet hasnt been working properly so I havent had a chance to update.
Congrats! Those are big pups! Twice as big as my Bella's pups but Bella is on the petite side and there were 4. Two is a normal litter for a Chi though. 4 can be quite a lot for a Chi to take care of... They are beautiful!
I was not expecting them to be that big, yours are gorgeous as well!

The puppies are growing much faster than I thought they would. They both weigh 5.6 OZ two days after birth. (She gained 1.5 oz and he gained 1.3 oz) Mama is very attentive to her babies, and as much as the other dogs want to come see the puppies, she doesnt want them in.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thankyou.
Me too, you don't see them around as much as you see other colors.

Puppies are now 3 days old, and both weigh 6.3 OZ. Thats .1 oz away from gaining a full ounce since yesterday! They sure are growing fast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts