Chihuahua People Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My silly little girl waited until I left and didn't have a cellphone on me to go into labor. :foxes15: Lucky for me and her grandma breed dogs when I was little. My mom says that labor started about 11am. The first puppy a little black boy was born at about 12:46. He weighs 7 oz. The second little boy was born at about 1:46 and weighs 7.2 oz. The little girl was born 15 minutes after her brother and weighs 6.6 oz.

See what happens when you leave.

Boy#1

Boy #2

Girl

Auntie Eva wants to know what all the fussing is about.

Daddy Quinn and Eva had a long day

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are just beautiful! Hope momma isn't too worn out and is enjoying her babies!
She is doing good. They are in their box by my feet right now. We have the house to ourselves since everyone else went to the drive in tonight.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Congrats! how old is Leah? I could have sworn I saw a siggy where she was under a year? I'm probably wrong :lol:

ETA: Actually I am going to rescind my congratulations, I see that your dog is about 7.5 months old, if she is the same dog "Leah" who was 6 weeks old when you joined back in Sept. She's much too young to be having pups, I do send wishes to your dog that she is healthy and there are no issues as a result of her becoming a mother so young.

I'm utterly confused why anyone would breed a dog at such a young age.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
ETA: Actually I am going to rescind my congratulations, I see that your dog is about 7.5 months old, if she is the same dog "Leah" who was 6 weeks old when you joined back in Sept. She's much too young to be having pups, I do send wishes to your dog that she is healthy and there are no issues as a result of her becoming a mother so young.

I'm utterly confused why anyone would breed a dog at such a young age.
I believe it was an accidental breeding, the OP posted a while back about it.

I do not agree with breeding mixed dogs, but I am glad that Leah made it through okay considering her age.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Congrats! and the people saying about age , mix breeding ect. dont listen to them! its rude to do that! accidents happen sometimes and sometimes you cant stop something! they can go into season without you knowing sometimes :( well congrats! and DONT let people make you feel bad! things can happen EVEN happen to the most responsible people! so congrats and i hope everything goes well! :) x

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Congrats! and the people saying about age , mix breeding ect. dont listen to them! its rude to do that! accidents happen sometimes and sometimes you cant stop something! they can go into season without you knowing sometimes :( well congrats! and DONT let people make you feel bad! things can happen EVEN happen to the most responsible people! so congrats and i hope everything goes well! :) x
The age, the mix, and the 'accident' are problematic.

The mother is far too young and it's a miracle she came through it okay. It's a good thing it's a small litter, because she may not be mature enough to care for them, and if not, a human will have to take over or they will die.

I have no problem with mixes, but dachsund/Chihuahua mixes fill the animal shelters around here. I hope these have wonderful homes waiting for them, but they could all suffer the same fate at any point down the line. It's not a popular mix - not in this area, anyway.

The 'accident' could have easily been prevented, by spaying or seperating her from the male for those few days that she could get pregnant. A little education goes a long way if you're going to keep intact males and females together.

We can't make excuses for things like this - 'accidents' and 'excuses' are euthanized every day.

I, too, and glad that mom and babies appear healthy for now, but I think it's a shame that this happened.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
The age, the mix, and the 'accident' are problematic.

The mother is far too young and it's a miracle she came through it okay. It's a good thing it's a small litter, because she may not be mature enough to care for them, and if not, a human will have to take over or they will die.

I have no problem with mixes, but dachsund/Chihuahua mixes fill the animal shelters around here. I hope these have wonderful homes waiting for them, but they could all suffer the same fate at any point down the line. It's not a popular mix - not in this area, anyway.

The 'accident' could have easily been prevented, by spaying or seperating her from the male for those few days that she could get pregnant. A little education goes a long way if you're going to keep intact males and females together.

We can't make excuses for things like this - 'accidents' and 'excuses' are euthanized every day.

I, too, and glad that mom and babies appear healthy for now, but I think it's a shame that this happened.
yeah i dont agree with what shes done and im taking no bodies sides but i just didnt think it was fair to do that to someone who is probably already feeling v guilty! but i didnt know about that mix of dogs and danger , see tillie missed but it wasent an accident and shes from a breeder who for YEARS bred lappsoapsos (Cant Spell it :p)

I dont agree with this BUT as long as the mums and puppies are ok and nothing will happen again so i think we should just be glad all are ok!

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Quinnandleah, you are a very nice person, we chatted a little bit on this forum
and you were never anything but sweet. And you already know my thoughts
regarding the breeding of mutts, I do not agree with it. As you know I rescue
dogs and cats, and I am the one who ends up with the result of "oops" litters
and people breeding because their dogs are "cute". I know this time it was an
accident. But you did say you wanted to breed your dogs when they are 2
years old, because your family all think they are cute and want some...something
along those lines, please correct me if I'm wrong, I had a rough night and my
memory might be a bit off. This is a very touchy subject for me, I wish you
would see it from my perspective and not further breed your dogs. There are
enough mutts in shelters and rescues as is. They are killing them daily, they
are killing them in huge numbers, because no one wants them, the demand for
mutts is very very small, but the number of them is too high. Perhaps you will
find homes for all your puppies, but that is not enough, because the new
owners might accidentally or purposely breed your puppy and therefore keep
on contributing to the never ending cycle. I strongly suggest that you spay
and neuter the puppies before they leave your home. Please take my words
as they are, which are coming from my heart. I am only speaking my mind
because I care about dogs, I care about your dogs.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I read the past posts, i went back and read them to get up to speed on this situation.
She claims this was an accident, it happened when her mom was watching the dogs (her mom who had bred dogs for years?) I guess I just don't understand how it can be an accident, you have intact dogs, you keep them totally seperate or even in different locations to avoid this sort of thing happening, especially someone who has bred dogs before they absolutely understand these things.

In the end, she had planned on breeding the exact same dogs in question.
I'm not convinced anything was an accident here :lol: but in the end it does not matter what I think or any of us really.. they are her dogs not ours.

It's just sad for the puppy in question, her growth would have been stalled while pregnant & I hope shes being fed a really high end food to help boost her back up. I also hope her puppies are ok and that she does not reject them.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Quinnandleah, you are a very nice person, we chatted a little bit on this forum
and you were never anything but sweet. And you already know my thoughts
regarding the breeding of mutts, I do not agree with it. As you know I rescue
dogs and cats, and I am the one who ends up with the result of "oops" litters
and people breeding because their dogs are "cute". I know this time it was an
accident. But you did say you wanted to breed your dogs when they are 2
years old, because your family all think they are cute and want some...something
along those lines, please correct me if I'm wrong, I had a rough night and my
memory might be a bit off. This is a very touchy subject for me, I wish you
would see it from my perspective and not further breed your dogs. There are
enough mutts in shelters and rescues as is. They are killing them daily, they
are killing them in huge numbers, because no one wants them, the demand for
mutts is very very small, but the number of them is too high. Perhaps you will
find homes for all your puppies, but that is not enough, because the new
owners might accidentally or purposely breed your puppy and therefore keep
on contributing to the never ending cycle. I strongly suggest that you spay
and neuter the puppies before they leave your home. Please take my words
as they are, which are coming from my heart. I am only speaking my mind
because I care about dogs, I care about your dogs.
Agreed wholeheartedly. If you need copies of printable Spay/Neuter and adoption contracts let me know.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I agree she is far far to young to be a mom if you are a responsible person you would never let this happen. To a dog so young. She would be wearing diapers or the male would or they would be kept totally separate.I know that accidents can happen because I have Penelope to prove it. My daughter let her out when I wasn't home not knowing she was in heat and the Min pin a cross the street got her. I was not happy and it ended up with her dieing from complications. Penelope will not ever be allowed to breed she will be fixed before she goes into heat again. Her brother and sister will also be fixed as one went to the father of the pups owner and the other went to my BFF and neither of them believe in bringing a bunch of unwanted mutts into the world.

I'm glad to see that mom and pups are doing well for now please watch your mom dog for milk fever she is so young and they can go very quickly maybe mix some plain yougart in with her food for the extra calcium she needs to feed those pups.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay I really didn't expect to get bombarded by the lynch mob again since I had posted in April about her being pregnant. I'm not going to have time to reply to each post but I'll try to answer everyone's questions.

This was an accident. When Leah was in heat she was either with me away from my other dogs as I worked for a friend babysitting. Or in a separate room from the boys when we were home. She was wearing diapers and the boys were both wearing belly bands. The tie happened when I was not home, I had bought tickets for a movie release months before Leah went into heat...anyway. The tie happened after my little brother brought her back in after taking her potty. He made the mistake of setting her down to put her leash up and she got away from him. I wasn't told about it until way after the fact so there was nothing that I could have done. And I'm sorry but I don't believe in any kind of abortion or babies human or animal.

I have had contact with a vet during her whole pregnancy and even let my cellphone and such get disconnected so that I could be sure to have money put away should an emergency arise when she had the puppies. My dogs are my life, I have them to help me manage my depression. Their needs come before mine, my stepdad yelled at me the other day because I choose between paying a bill and my dogs getting food.

On the issues of mixed breeds. I'm sure many of the breeds started off by being mixed with something once upon a time. There are mixed breeds that are well loved. One of the most popular off the top of my head are golden doodles. What helps make a breed acceptable is a really rich person making a case for them.

I'm sorry if any of my views upsets anyone and I'm sure it will make some just ignore me all together. But that is your choice.

If I haven't answered a question you had feel free to ask and I'll answer when I can.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.