Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to bombard you guys but this must be my weekend to play with the kids. If you have been following my posts were going to a pet friendly beach in Florida in a couple weeks. While I don't intend for them to get into the pool or ocean I was super curious if they could swim. They needed a bath today anyway so I filled up the tub and tested out Prince and Sapphire. Yep, they can swim and these videos are hilarious. They kicked water all over but are fine doggie paddlers! Lady would have nothing of it and hid under the bed when she saw what was going on! Yep, she's my diva!

Prince and Sapphire swimming! - YouTube

Prince swims! - YouTube

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
They are great little swimmers! I believe that just like human kids, we should make sure that they can swim...Without panicking-if they are going to be around water.
I like the idea that I have given them a chance, if there is any possibility of them falling/jumping in the water.
I'm so excited for you guys, can't wait for pics!!

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just died laughing at these videos. They splashed so much the walls around the tub were wet. Now I would love to see them in more water to see what kind of ground they could cover. Prince was pretty much immediate with it. With Sapphire I held my had under and she paddled a couple times....then I let her go. Seeing all this in person was priceless. Two dogs swimming in a bath tub.....hahahahaha. I thought next I'd simulate ocean current and turn on the whirlpool jets!

PS- We've lived in this house for six years and that's probably the forth or fifth time the tub has even been used. My husband and I both wish we would have done an enormous multiple head shower instead of this huge tub which is a waster of space......so I'm glad I found a use for it.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
oh, wow !!! I LOVE that tub !!! it has whirlpool jets , that sounds great !!! how come you never use it ? I 'd be using that all the time !!!
the videos were so cute. hehe Sapphire and Prince look like good swimmers :)

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh, wow !!! I LOVE that tub !!! it has whirlpool jets , that sounds great !!! how come you never use it ? I 'd be using that all the time !!!

Truthfully, I don't use it because I don't like cleaning it!!!!! Actually, my kids get a bath way more often than most Chis (like every two weeks). They left quite a ring around the tub....Hahahaha!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Adorable!

I agree. I'd be in that thing for hours at a time!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
That was great! LOL I watched it over and over and wished it was longer. They are so cute. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts