Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hearing of others getting Ziwipeak samples I thought I'd send and email and ask for some for our dogs. Yeah I have tried the Venison and the Venison & Fish formula in the past but not the Lamb formula, so technically I wasn't wrong to ask for samples, right? :p

Well I expected tiny sample bags like most companies send that don't even make up half a meal for my husky. Boy was I surprised by what showed up on my doorstep today!

They sent 3 decent size 1/2 lb trial bags and 2 deer hoof chews along with brochures. I loved ZP before but now I am even more impressed by what they sent and by the personal correspondence via email that was exchanged. I haven't bought ZP very much simply because it is so expensive but after this experience I will definitely be buying ZP products more often! I am always happy to support such a great company that goes above and beyond!

What we got in the mail...

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Awesome Val!! I have always thought they are a company that really cares about their product and also their consumers. That sure proves it. Very nice!!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, they are fantastic. I was even receiving personal (not cut and paste) correspondence directly from the president/founder. How much more personal and caring of a company can you get?! I am very happy with ZP as a company and their products and this experience will only fuel my support of them. :)

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Wow! Thats very generous! Are they all squabbling over the hooves?
Is that how you get samples, just send an email? Ive just added some Stella and Chewys into my guys diet and they really like it, I would be interested to see whether they prefer the ZP though.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Wow that's impressive! :)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Katy, I went to their website and filled in the request form for product info and typed out a letter in the comment box explaining what dogs I have and what issues we have to work with regarding health and diet, etc. I got an email back and from then on was emailing back and forth with them. It did take a long time to get the samples though. One person told me they sent them out on January 10th and I just received it today, February 4th! Took almost 4 weeks to get to me!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
They are a very impressive company!! When I ordered samples from them, I couldn't believe how big the sample packages were. Midgie loves ZP. It's very pricey, but their generousity is helping me to find a way to buy some.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
WOW WOW WOW!! Gosh, I never thought to ask for sample. :roll: Think it's too late?! LOL That's wonderful they're so great to deal with-makes me smile even! :)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Wow, what a haul, I'm going to see if I can get some samples as well. I'd love to change Paco's food and get him off Kibble since all this talk about metals in the food. Does anyone have an average cost for feeding one dog?

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Well, I have 1 7 lb chi and we estimate about $1.50-$2.00 average. I feed The Honest Kitchen, sometimes with some ZP (Sample Bag) and free feed Acana kibble for in between the 2 Honest Kitchen meals. I also buy her discounted meat that I add to THK. It's well worth it as I see a major difference in her health (aside from her allergies). I am so happy I joined this forum and realized they're much better foods out there than what I used to feed her.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Well, I have 1 7 lb chi and we estimate about $1.50-$2.00 average. I feed The Honest Kitchen, sometimes with some ZP (Sample Bag) and free feed Acana kibble for in between the 2 Honest Kitchen meals. I also buy her discounted meat that I add to THK. It's well worth it as I see a major difference in her health (aside from her allergies). I am so happy I joined this forum and realized they're much better foods out there than what I used to feed her.
Thanks, I ordered the samples from Ziwipeak. I'm going to give it a try. Have you ever heard of a raw food called instinct, they have it my local store it comes in madallions? Was wondering about quality.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Thanks, I ordered the samples from Ziwipeak. I'm going to give it a try. Have you ever heard of a raw food called instinct, they have it my local store it comes in madallions? Was wondering about quality.

That's Natures Variety brand right? If I remember correctly it's a decent food. I may remember a couple recalls? (could be totally wrong here) I also like Stella & Chewy's which comes in freeze dried or frozen patties. We use a mix of that, Honest Kitchen, ZiwiPeak & prey model raw. Usually more prey model raw than anything but since having the puppies I've been pretty lazy & have been using more of the premades.

I just figured out today for new puppy owners--if you bought an 11lb bag of ZiwiPeak it would last an average sized Chi around 8 months. (you'd have to portion out in quart/gallon sized baggies & freeze what you're not using though so it will stay fresh) The cost varries from between $110-130 for an 11lb bag depending on if you can find it locally or have to have it shipped. I think it figured out to cost under $14 a month for an average sized Chi this way. Much cheaper really than buying the 2.2lb bags! Also, the venison formula's have gone up in price just recently because the cost of venison in New Zealand has gone up a LOT. There was only $5 difference in 11lb bags between the venison formulas & lamb though so it's not a huge amount. The price at our local store for lamb was $107 & $112 for the venisons. Anyway...that's all I know. :)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you ever heard of a raw food called instinct, they have it my local store it comes in madallions? Was wondering about quality.
That is a good food, most pre-made frozen raw is. I will mention though for the sake of your being aware that NV had a recall a few months ago on some of their pre-made frozen raw patties. It wasn't all of them and what's in stores now should be safe but I think that you should know in advance. Not to scare you away or discourage you but you have a right to know. :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
And me :hello1: Doubt if we would get all that here in uk ??????probably a tiny tiny bag
Thats what i was thinking!!! we could give it a go tho if we go to the same website and send a email!!
I want to try my girls wiv ZP but it so expensive to buy it and then they not like it! i like the trial bags! x

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Zoey loves ZP but she eats alittle more then they reccomend but she is not overweight so I let her eat it. I mix it with a bit of warm water. She eats the venison flavor and a 2.2lb bag last me about a month. Since the ZP she only goes poo once a day as well. I have not tried the chews may have to look for those. Thanks for sharing Val.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts