Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woohoo! Our beef Primal came in the mail today. I'm going to be honest, I was shocked when I saw how small the bag was. Unfortunately I don't think we'll be able to continue ordering through Amazon, it's too expensive (we paid $50 for a 14 oz bag). So I guess we'll have to wait until Primal finishes all their deals with Canadian vendors and hopefully a local pet store will be able to order it for us. Our fave pet store carries frozen S&C so I might have to see if they can order in the dehydrated version for us in the meantime.

BUT... Odie loves it!! She had already eaten her breakfast of wet food and she heard me crinkling the Primal bag and came running so I gave her one and she took off with it and ate it right away. I just gave it to her dry, but I plan on adding water for future meals. We might have to make this a every second day kind of thing so we don't run out right away!

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If need be I can pick it up in VA at $23.00 and mail it to you. I think shipping might be $10.00 but will not know until I get to the post office
That would be so amazing of you! I might take you up on that. Thank you Christie! I do want to continue feeding it because she loves it so much and I can't believe that she likes something beef that's not kibble! Even $33 would be a steal of a deal compared to what we paid. Hopefully this bag will last us for a bit but I will let you know.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
aww. that's great that Odie loves the Primal. too bad it costs so much to get it shipped to Canada.
I'm just curious about if one of us ships it to you like Christie suggested, ( if the shipping is a lot less ), and if you fill out the customs form saying dog food, is that an ok thing to ship. not familiar with that , if its ok to ship food items.

I've just recently started trying Tootise and Minnie on Primal also.
First I tried Tootsie , and she loved it which didn't surprise me cause she loves all food.
Then the other day, Minnie was being really picky about eating her ziwipeak and didn't want to eat her breakfast at all, so , I decided to offer her a nugget of primal and she went crazy over it. she absolutely loved it !!! :)

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aww. that's great that Odie loves the Primal. too bad it costs so much to get it shipped to Canada.
I'm just curious about if one of us ships it to you like Christie suggested, ( if the shipping is a lot less ), and if you fill out the customs form saying dog food, is that an ok thing to ship. not familiar with that , if its ok to ship food items.

I've just recently started trying Tootise and Minnie on Primal also.
First I tried Tootsie , and she loved it which didn't surprise me cause she loves all food.
Then the other day, Minnie was being really picky about eating her ziwipeak and didn't want to eat her breakfast at all, so , I decided to offer her a nugget of primal and she went crazy over it. she absolutely loved it !!! :)
Hmmm... that's a good question. I'm not sure. This bag was shipped from the states but on the customs declaration it just says "pet supplies". I've shipped treats, etc. before but I've never actually declared them.

I'm happy that Tootsie and Minnie like it too! It's always nice feeding them something that they actually like. If it were up to Odie, she would eat chicken for every meal.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Have you tried The Honest Kitchen Love, it's their grain free beef formula and it's less expensive even with using fresh meat to top it. I feed their foods topped with fresh or raw meats, it's the only dog food that is human grade, they are actually the only company that can legally make that statement, all of their food is made in an actual human kitchen and is safe for human consumption. One of my pups is super picky and he likes THK. I have a bag of the Primal Turkey and Sardine at home now that I am feeding in their treats as its wayyyyyy to much for me to feed full time :(

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have a bigger chihuahua and a chi mix so that makes a difference in the coat, but freeze dried is still super expensive

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
WOW! Krystal, $50 a bag! Let me also tell you what I have learned about feeding portions depending on which Primal your feeding. Lulu is less active due to her age and being an indoor dog. I looked on their website feeding calculator because I have beef, turkey & sardine, & lamb right now and another one on the way I can't remember. According to the feeding calculator, Lulu can only have 1.5 nuggets per day of the beef, but she can have 2.3 nuggets per day of the turkey & sardine. So when feeding the beef you may want to be a bit sparing or Odie may put on a bit of weight. Also, being in Canada can you order from Chewy.com? That's the cheapest website I've found to order from. It's several $$ cheaper there than Wag.com. I've found a place locally I can buy if I get low, but it's much cheaper for me to order online.

·
Administrator
9,989 Posts
I just state dog stuff or pet supplies. The treats made it through so we can always try it and see. Just let me know when you need more and we can try it :)

BG is similar to Odie loves Chicken anything chicken but when it comes to anything else raw pre made she looks at me like I am crazy. :foxes15: Beef organ forget it! She will eat raw beef from the butcher but just the meat no bones or organ. I tried the S&C Venison frozen raw last night and put a little primal chicken freeze dried on top and that diva ate all the freeze dried chicken and ignored the raw venison. :rolleyes:

Even the S&C freeze dried she would eat it if she had to but for some reason Primal freeze dried any flavour she dances, prances and begs for. I do not understand it but it is beyond healthy for her, great price (here), I can get her to eat beef with organ and bone and she loves it then I am happy :D

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
i just ordered Minnie a bag of the turkey and sardines. i hope she likes that flavor as much as she loved the beef ones that Christie sent us samples of.
Tootsie loves her Lamb primal. I've never seen Minnie enjoy any food as much as Primal. its amazing ! and it does seem to be agreeing with them both ( Tootsie threw up the first time, but i think that may of been from drinking water too much too fast .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts