Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are different variations of this going around. Even a country song is coming out in the spring on this subject:
According to todays' experts and bureaucrats, those of us who were kids in the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, and 70's, probably shouldn't have survived! Here's why:
cribs and furniture was covered in lead based paint
no childproof lids or locks on cabinets
no seatbelts or airbags in cars
drank water from a faucet, not a bottle; sometimes even from the garden hose while playing outside!
we ate cupcakes, white bread and butter,and all kinds of junk food, but were never overweight because we were always outside playing. Natural exercise!
we had friends...we actually went outside and found them
we would play outside with our friends all day til the street lights came on...no one could reach us..no cell phones. Unthinkable!
we had no playstations,x-boxes, cable channels, or computers...we actually played real games outside or board games and simple toys inside
we played ball, fell out of trees, got cuts and bruises and broken bones, but there were no lawsuits...theses were accidents..no one was to blame...remember accidents?
not every kid made the team...you learned to deal with disappointment
our actions were our own...consequences were expected
the idea of parents bailing us out of trouble was unheard of...they actually sided with the school or law...imagine that!
This generation produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers, and inventors ever! We had freedom, failure, success, and responsibility...and we learned how to deal with it!
Congratulations!
We were blessed to grow up as "kids" before experts, lawyers, and government regulated our lives "for our own good"!!!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
No I loved it to, funny enough I was tellin a young lady...21 today how we never had dates on food and we would just smell meat ect and if it smelt alright we would eat it. Eggs we would put in water and if it sank we ate it, cheese would just have the mold scaped off before we ate it...lol
Boy we are lucky to be alive...but I never have stomach problems...lol

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Rubyfox, I still do all that! Actually last week we did the egg and the cheese thing! LOL!!! I guess all of us that do these things (or have done them) are really showing our age! LOL!!! My kids think some of the stuff is crazy and laughable!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Also if a babies dummy/soother dropped on the floor we would pick it up wipe it, suck it and pop it back into there mouthes...lol

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
Rubyfox said:
No I loved it to, funny enough I was tellin a young lady...21 today how we never had dates on food and we would just smell meat ect and if it smelt alright we would eat it. Eggs we would put in water and if it sank we ate it, cheese would just have the mold scaped off before we ate it...lol
lol thats exactly what my mum says when i wont eat something that is 1 day past the expiration date :rolleyes:

:daisy:

Great post tho :lol:

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Rubyfox said:
Also if a babies dummy/soother dropped on the floor we would pick it up wipe it, suck it and pop it back into there mouthes...lol

I remember doing that,but i would never do it now.......re everything else, im one of those kids too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts