Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
23 Posts
I am BigJim, our little lady is named Tippi. We rescued her from a home that was in really bad shape. Tippi is about 8 months old and afraid of everything. She had never been out of that house and had never touched grass.

She is healthy and free of fleas and ticks, which surprises us. She does eat but not much, she will not eat dog food yet. We are feeding her chicken and turkey for now until we can find a dog food she likes.

She is for sure not potty trained at all. She does go on her pads but still misses the pad at times. We are at a loss as how to train her, as she has not had any training other than just going at will. We are looking forward to learning how to do things for her and meeting new friends.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am BigJim, our little lady is named Tippi. We rescued her from a home that was in really bad shape. Tippi is about 8 months old and afraid of everything. She had never been out of that house and had never touched grass.

She is healthy and free of fleas and ticks, which surprises us. She does eat but not much, she will not eat dog food yet. We are feeding her chicken and turkey for now until we can find a dog food she likes.

She is for sure not potty trained at all. She does go on her pads but still misses the pad at times. We are at a loss as how to train her, as she has not had any training other than just going at will. We are looking forward to learning how to do things for her and meeting new friends.
Don't worry about her eating "people food" That is all that mine has EVER ate. When I took her to the vet. - he said he wouldn't even know she was 13 without me telling him.

·
Administrator
23 Posts
That is really good to know, we have tried her on several different types of dog food, but she just won't eat it.

Our main concern right now is she hasn't pooped but very very little in the two weeks we have had her. I am going to try soft dog food that has good fiber in it. She does like fried cabbage to our surprise.

I really do appreciate your information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts