Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder how all your chi's got one with wearing there collars. Have had zola about 3 weeks now and try to put it on him a few hours everyday and they whole time its on he just scratches and scatches with his paw. Do they just get use to it eventually. Its not to heavy or to thick or anything. Its just a tiny wee adjustable thing

*vicky*

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've put a harness on Jack and he seems ok with that but his collar bothers him.
I'm just hoping he'll get used to it!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
All 3 of mine wear collars with an i.d. tag just in case they slip out the door or something. The collars bothered them at first but now they actually like them. When I hold the collars out to put back on them after a bath, they fight over who will get theirs on first. :D

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
with Nemo I put the collar on him for a couple of hours every evening, he scratched like crazy but he was getting used to it. Gradually they do get used to it.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
My lad hates wearing any type of coller/harness , only use
a harness for walking , never wears a coller , when I first put
his harness on ( which is at least twice a day ) he just lays down
and won't walk , I have to carry him out of the house LOL

·
Registered
321 Posts
Harness didnt work for porsha she just scatched and she would get her legs tangled up in it :shock: i got her a collor with a bell and she has wore it since 6 weeks scratched for about 1 week and i dont think she knows it is there now

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Gadget loves his collars. He loves his harness and he loves his bandanas... infact if you put themon him and try to take themoff when he doesn't want them off he will get really mad... I mean MAD!!!! same with his sweaters and jammies..

I go through this every day when I take off his collar or bandana when it's time for bed,, I usually don't let him wear either at night.. Afraid he might get tangled in them while sleeping...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Grizzly wears a collar all the time, but when we go for a walk or he is leashed in the campgrounds, he wears a harness. When he first got his collar, he scratched at it, but we never took it off and he got used to it. When I get his harness, he knows he gets to "go" and he rushes to put it on.
Keep it on your little one and before long, he won't even know it's there. Good Luck! Vicki, Grizzly and soon- Nike

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Mine dont wear collars either. Just a HArness when they go for a walk. When Teddy was a puppy he got his foot caught in his collar and it stressed him so bad he almost died. I'm way to over-protective now! :roll:

Fizzy Mum---Bruiser does the same thing! lays down when you put his Harness on him!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
It took both my girls awhile to get used to a collar but it doesn't both them now. They do wear a Roman style harness for walks.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Ozzy&Lily'sMom said:
mine never wear collars around the house I just use a harness when walking them :wave:
Deano also doesnt wear a coller round the house, i have two though, a little light adjustable black one and a red diamante one, he has never worn a coller, and will wear one but will also scrath it for abit. He also just has a harness for walking. I'm not sure what advice i could give because i got deano when he was two. Good Luck any how 8)

·
Registered
510 Posts
My Hershey rarely ever wore her collar, but I figured she had to get use to one so when I just put it on her for a few days strait until she got use to it and didn't scratch it no more. Then she only wore them when we went for walks. I just got her a NEW!! white leather one with blue studs on it. And an added bonus of a bell. It took a second to get use to it but because it was thicker than she was use to. Now she loves to jingle every where she goes. Plus it is easy to tell if she is getting into trouble.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts