Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recorded a lot of the shows on my dvr, I just recently got animal planet channel... All I can say is, Wow! How do people live like this, and the poor animals!!!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
It's so sad watching those shows on animal planet but at least you can see that there is hope for them I love the ASPCA shows

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
It breaks my heart to watch that show. It's such a double-edge sword. These people are so good-hearted & want to save the animals, but the reality is that they can't care for that many animals, so it's like a form of animal abuse. I don't like watching that show because I feel so sorry for the hoarders and most of all for the animals.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I recorded a lot of the shows on my dvr, I just recently got animal planet channel... All I can say is, Wow! How do people live like this, and the poor animals!!!
Some of them have mental illness issues.
Others are good people who rescue and have gotten over whelmed trying to take on too many animals. I could see it as very easy to go into a downward spiral with trying to rescue unwanted animals.
Either way, it's good when these people are helped along with their animals. They are not trying to be malicious, they need help.

On another tangent, when it comes to Animal planet, I liked Pit boss and Whale wars.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I feel so sorry for the animal hoarding because some of those people truly just have a problem and really do love their animals but just don't know when to stop. It's sad for both, because the animals in those situations are just never taken care of properly and then put in the pound at the end. It's so sad. I feel bad for those people in that situation, glad they are getting help! SO many more out there!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
This coming Friday, there is one on about a man who (from the previews) seems to hoard mostly Chis.

The one with the rat hoarder kind of got under my skin.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, I know they have mental issues, I feel sorry for both the hoarders and the animals. We have a lady that lives down the street that has this problem. People have tried to help her on several occasions and called about the animals, but nothing has ever been accomplished.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
It is really sad, we had a client who hoarded cats, we helped her spay/neuter and find homes for bunches of them.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I can't watch those shows at all. They make me sick to have to watch the poor animals. I know these hoarders want to help these animals Soooo bad but the living conditions are just horrendous!!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
About one or two years ago, had a local hoarding case that involved two kinds of toy breed dogs, chihuahuas and another breed I forget now. So there was a bunch of small dogs looking for new homes at the time. Luckily for them, adoptions were going well from what I read, so they probably all found homes. I was tempted, but I didn't get one.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
yep, I like watching that too, it makes me feel totally normal.

lol, I only have 6 dogs total. so that's hardly any right?
:) Nope that's not you. The one I watched yesterday, the woman had chi's.

They pointed out to her that the number she had, ( didn't here the number) wasn't the biggest issue. Her problem was the condition of her house. Her having that # of dogs was OK IF she would teach them to go out and quit letting them poo/pee all over inside the house. I don't know how anyone could live like that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts