Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been raining here for days now. Just about the time it stops, and I think my yard is going to dry up, it starts again. Last night it rained non-stop, so I have a "Lake" out there again. Anyway, The Chi Wee's aren't very happy about all of this rain. It is "raining" on their play ground. They haven't been able to get outside much for 3/4 days now.

We got such a chuckle at Gia. She went out, but reluctantly so. She doesn't like storm noises. The part that made us giggle is she had her hair standing straight up on her back like she was staying ready in case she needed to attack the rain. :lol: She couldn't understand where the random water falling on her was coming from. :lol: She has such a super thick coat for a smooth coat, she looked like a Porcupine.

I cropped in on this pic so you all could see it. :lol:

And just some random shots of my water logged yard, and The Chi Wee's scoping it out. :)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Oh T...doesn't the rain suck. Don't get me wrong, I know we need it, but it sure can make a mess!!! Little Gia does look sooo fluffy, silly girl!! We had a pretty good storm over a week ago, but glad it's over. Even though my girls don't go outside much, just knowing they can't or won't, makes it worse lol!!!

LOri

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh your poor garden :( bless your littlens for going out x
It's a mess, isn't it! < sigh > I'll be glad when it stops raining.

Oh T...doesn't the rain suck. Don't get me wrong, I know we need it, but it sure can make a mess!!! Little Gia does look sooo fluffy, silly girl!! We had a pretty good storm over a week ago, but glad it's over. Even though my girls don't go outside much, just knowing they can't or won't, makes it worse lol!!!

LOri
Hey Lori! :)

Yes girl, after days of it you just want it to go away. It's a soaking wet mess out there! Gia is super fluffy! Anymore hair and she'd be a long coat. If you hold her hair up, it's about 1" long. Around her neck is even thicker. :lol: She's my little fluff ball. :lol:

I know you guys needed the rain too. And I hear ya, any time you "can't" do something, you want to even more. :lol:

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Aww feel sorry for the wee ones being stuck in.
Your back garden does look like a swamp though.
So cute that they still went out to investigate the situation anyway.
Squelchy feet time!! lol x

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Oh dear, Gia doesn't look too thrilled with her play yard! LOL How cute are they checking it all out!

We had a bunch of rain here the other day & I went to take Matilda & Milo out back through the trails for a run and Matilda went mental running through the mini "lakes" in the ground...she loved it! Milo on the other hand...went half way out by the garden & the next thing I knew...he had beat feat back to the house! LOL Apparently he wasn't as thrilled. ;)

Thanks for sharing the pics. Hopefully your yard dries out soon so they can get a chance to go exploring in comfort. :)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
OMG, it's like a swamp there. Look at those little princesses. How long did it take you to clean their little feetsies??? Love them T, just love them.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Oh my sweet Gia you brought much needed laughter to my day! I just love the attack mode of bristles!!! Can't figure out who's touching her LOL!! Thanks so much for posting these. It's cold and windy here, but not much for any rain. Wish I could send you all some sunshine :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Wow your garden! You literally can now say you live by a lake :D

Bless their hearts for 'roughing it' lol. They do look happy to be out though! We thankfully havent had an long periods of rain yet but I definitely am dreading it!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Aww feel sorry for the wee ones being stuck in.
Your back garden does look like a swamp though.
So cute that they still went out to investigate the situation anyway.
Squelchy feet time!! lol x
Yeah, they are becoming antsy being stuck inside for so long. They usually go out about 3 times a day. I don't see no end in sight soon, though. It is still poring out there.

Oh dear, Gia doesn't look too thrilled with her play yard! LOL How cute are they checking it all out!

We had a bunch of rain here the other day & I went to take Matilda & Milo out back through the trails for a run and Matilda went mental running through the mini "lakes" in the ground...she loved it! Milo on the other hand...went half way out by the garden & the next thing I knew...he had beat feat back to the house! LOL Apparently he wasn't as thrilled. ;)

Thanks for sharing the pics. Hopefully your yard dries out soon so they can get a chance to go exploring in comfort. :)
Heather, Gia had us all laughing. She was in a huff over that rain. :lol:

Haha, Milo has the right idea! Matilda sounds like an adventurer. :)

Yes, hopefully it stops raining soon. Seems we have no rain for months, then it rains for months. :lol:

Aww poor things having to deal with the rain. It has been raining non-stop here too. I am just glad my yard isn't flooded. Ecko doesn't mind getting, but Mimi does. She runs back inside as soon as she is done.
Mimi sounds like my gang. They will tolerate it long enough to scope it out, then they have had enough. :lol: Chance is worse than the girls when it comes to being "prissy." :lol:

OMG, it's like a swamp there. Look at those little princesses. How long did it take you to clean their little feetsies??? Love them T, just love them.
It is terrible, Robin! I can't get out to do anything. I had a wet wash cloth ready for when they were done. But while I'm doing one set of feet, the others are making a muddy mess. :lol:

wow T its been raining loads!!
bet they had muddy feet afterwards! x
Oh yeah, muddy wittle feet everywhere! :lol:

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh my sweet Gia you brought much needed laughter to my day! I just love the attack mode of bristles!!! Can't figure out who's touching her LOL!! Thanks so much for posting these. It's cold and windy here, but not much for any rain. Wish I could send you all some sunshine :)
Isn't that something else!?! I laughed so hard at her and that hair standing straight up. Like she was in such a huff over it all. :lol:

I'd love some sunshine. I enjoy the cool weather, but I'm ready for the rain to end.

gia wont get much shelter under the table, your poor garden
Haha, the table with holes doesn't provide much shelter, does it. :lol: Silly little Gia!

Wow your garden! You literally can now say you live by a lake :D

Bless their hearts for 'roughing it' lol. They do look happy to be out though! We thankfully havent had an long periods of rain yet but I definitely am dreading it!
I really do live by a Lake, which is overflowing, I think. It's just been terrible here. Now I have a Lake in my yard too. :lol:

They really enjoy their outside time. Soon it will be too cold for them. Maybe it will clear up a few days before it gets too cold. :)

aww bless them for trying, mine dont like it when its too wet and rainy to go out, and get out there as soon as possible too
They are very smart little critters, aren't they. They know where the warm comfort is. The look they give is like, "You expect me to actually go out in this?" :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts