Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's so exciting, :laughing8: Y'day (Sat here) D2 chose the beautiful gown she will be wearing for her wedding in less than 6 months time. And they have also picked out the b/maids dresses. The bridal boutique she's getting her dress from are also going to get my outfit made but I have absolutely no idea what I want in regard to colour etc as yet. D and her GF who will be her chief b/maid (and is getting married 2 months after my D) are looking thru' the dozen or so glossy bridal mags lent to them by various friends to see if there're any pics of mother-of-bride attire.

I knew very early on what I planned to wear to D1's and son's wedding but not so this time. Here's some pics of what I wore on those occasions so of course I want something different this time.

About 12 years ago - D1's wedding

Several years ago - son's wedding with D2 (bride-to-be) & fiance

And again son's wedding with D3.

Hope there will be plenty of pics in the magazines - I really haven't anything in mind this time. :? :roll: :eek: It's the wee hours of the morning here and hubby is snoring away :x so I better go and try to sleep on it. :sleepy2:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
xx-nathalie-xx said:
i would say something creamy or soft pink :D

kisses nat
I love wearing creams, but the bride will be wearing an ivory gown, not white, so I was wondering if I shouldn't be considering creams because of that. I love purples, but wore purple last time - maybe lilac, mauve??? If I go for a pink it would be a very soft pale shade. Definitely soft pastel colours, especially at my age, I guess. Thanks so much for your input Nat. :wave:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rachael Polachek said:
Yes, I'd love to see you in a soft pink too. Your family is so strikingly handsome! What a bunch of head turners you all are. :)
Rachael, thank you. You always know how to make me feel so good! :) To be quite honest my D has recently been a little miffed with me because I hadn't shown as much enthusiasm as she would've liked with the wedding plans. I guess on these occasions I'm almost afraid to plan so far ahead - stupid ain't I? You know where I'm coming from don't you. :? But seeing her in the dress was so special (even tho' that one was 2 sizes too big). At least now I have seen how she'll look. 8)

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
mychisangel said:
Rachael Polachek said:
Yes, I'd love to see you in a soft pink too. Your family is so strikingly handsome! What a bunch of head turners you all are. :)
Rachael, thank you. You always know how to make me feel so good! :))
When I'm not making you burst into tears. :D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I think you should go for a lovely mauvey- lilac shade suit witha pretty pale pink/cream under top pink accessories, french manicure! Or pale green/sage with pink looks good!

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
yeah creamy is definitely of the list then

but i'm sticking with the soft pastel pink .....that would suit you so well !!!

not lilac :x :wink: :wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do like mauve, lilac and it seemed to be very prominent in some of the many bridal mags I looked thru' but I also saw a really nice shade of 'dusty pink'. I've also started looking on the i/net as there appear to be some good sites on there. And I'll be wanting something slimline as I'm only short 5', 90lbs. Yes, cream is def out as also I wore cream to first D's wedding (first pic).

I have to be honest tho', I hate (maybe too strong a word), so not exactly happy that I have to wear dark tinted specs 24/7 because of my problem eye so maybe I should look the part and wear a sundress!!! Don't feel so bad tho' when D reminded me fiance's Mum also has light sensitive eyes and sometimes wears 'sunglasses' indoors when lunching at restaurants, etc. So hopefully the weather will cooperate and the family photos will be outdoors as planned. :lol:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rachael Polachek said:
Rachael, thank you. You always know how to make me feel so good! :))
When I'm not making you burst into tears. :D[/quote]

You sometimes make me laugh so hard that I cry too. :D

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
mychisangel said:
I have to be honest tho', I hate (maybe too strong a word), so not exactly happy that I have to wear dark tinted specs 24/7 because of my problem eye so maybe I should look the part and wear a sundress!!! Don't feel so bad tho' when D reminded me fiance's Mum also has light sensitive eyes and sometimes wears 'sunglasses' indoors when lunching at restaurants, etc. So hopefully the weather will cooperate and the family photos will be outdoors as planned. :lol:
The dark glasses just give you an air of mystery and with your coloring you pull it off very well. You really shouldn't be self conscious about the dark specs at all. :)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will be wanting to wear something full length because the wedding will be late afternoon, followed by evening reception and dance so here are some possible considerations. I'll probably get an idea from one or more of these styles, but still haven't decided on colour yet.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rachael Polachek said:
The dark glasses just give you an air of mystery and with your coloring you pull it off very well. You really shouldn't be self conscious about the dark specs at all. :)
Bless you Rachael, thank you. :) I must confess I have sometimes avoided a social engagement at night because of that, but I'm getting better at being less self conscious about it. :wave:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Vala said:
:D i like this sparkly top but maybe a full skirt instead of the ruffles one... :wink:

Thanks Vala, but (sigh) but I'm a shorty (5') so think I need to go for a slimline style and I don't want to wear really high heels this time (my feet were KILLING me at son's wedding) :( :x :roll:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Not sure if this'll be any help, but this is the dress that my Mum has bought to wear to my wedding! We're in Australia, but it's probably available in NZ too. NB it's the pic in the middle, sorry bout that!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts