Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had several errands to run today, so The Wee's made good use of the new seat.

Gia approves!

We were just getting loaded up, which is why she isn't buckled up yet. Just wanted to mention that so I don't get a safety lecture. :lol:

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Aww she looks like she just belongs in that seat it looks like a little thrown for her.

Silly thought that came through my head as I was looking at the picture was....I want cloth seats in our car. I just got home from running errands and our leather seats are too dang hot. I get in the car and always say outloud...hot hot hot hot hot. Why did my silly hubby buy leather car seats in Texas?

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aww she looks like she just belongs in that seat it looks like a little thrown for her.

Silly thought that came through my head as I was looking at the picture was....I want cloth seats in our car. I just got home from running errands and our leather seats are too dang hot. I get in the car and always say outloud...hot hot hot hot hot. Why did my silly hubby buy leather car seats in Texas?
Thank you, Amy! They really love it! It's SO soft!

My last 2 cars were leather seats. They are cold in the winter and burn your butt in the summer. :lol: Beautiful, though!

Speaking of hot. We were gone for about 3 hours. Came home, my AC is blowing warm air! Ugh!!!! AC guy will be here between 7 and 7:30. Very bad timing for no AC! :/

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Thank you, Amy! They really love it! It's SO soft!

My last 2 cars were leather seats. They are cold in the winter and burn your butt in the summer. :lol: Beautiful, though!

Speaking of hot. We were gone for about 3 hours. Came home, my AC is blowing warm air! Ugh!!!! AC guy will be here between 7 and 7:30. Very bad timing for no AC! :/
Oh no! I hope they get it fixed tonight. It is very hot in Texas right now definitely not a good time for the air to quit working.

Make sure to drink lots of fluids until it gets fixed!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no! I hope they get it fixed tonight. It is very hot in Texas right now definitely not a good time for the air to quit working.

Make sure to drink lots of fluids until it gets fixed!

I just got off the phone with an AC guy friend of mine. He's on his way. Thank God! I'm headed to a hotel if it isn't fixed very soon.

I think it's the freon. It has a very slow leak. About every 3 years it has to be recharged. It's about 78 in here right now. When it hits 80, I'm outta here. :lol:

Thank you, Amy! :) xxx

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I just got off the phone with an AC guy friend of mine. He's on his way. Thank God! I'm headed to a hotel if it isn't fixed very soon.

I think it's the freon. It has a very slow leak. About every 3 years it has to be recharged. It's about 78 in here right now. When it hits 80, I'm outta here. :lol:

Thank you, Amy! :) xxx
Come over to East Texas I will crank my air up for you and the wees!

I do not blame you. 80 degrees does not sound too hot when it is over 100 degrees outside but it is still miserable. We looked at an apartment the other day and they told me that one of the upgrades was the air conditioning, I think they just meant it had been repaired/replaced recently but I said thanks but no thanks because the thought of them even saying air conditioning was a upgrade that you paid extra for in Texas was just silly to me.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Come over to East Texas I will crank my air up for you and the wees!

I do not blame you. 80 degrees does not sound too hot when it is over 100 degrees outside but it is still miserable. We looked at an apartment the other day and they told me that one of the upgrades was the air conditioning, I think they just meant it had been repaired/replaced recently but I said thanks but no thanks because the thought of them even saying air conditioning was a upgrade that you paid extra for in Texas was just silly to me.
I'm on my way! :lol:

Texas heat is brutal. With our humidity, 80 feels like 100.

I hear ya, girl! Without central air in Texas, you seriously can die. It happens everyday. :/

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honestly, I'll survive. But seeing my 85 year old Mom uncomfortable makes me upset. The pups are starting to seem uncomfortable too. :/

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Honestly, I'll survive. But seeing my 85 year old Mom uncomfortable makes me upset. The pups are starting to seem uncomfortable too. :/
I was just coming back to this post to ask if your mom was okay. I hope they get it fixed soon!

Will the Wees drink water with ice cubes to cool them down a bit?

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was just coming back to this post to ask if your mom was okay. I hope they get it fixed soon!

Will the Wees drink water with ice cubes to cool them down a bit?

They are working on it now. So far they say it just needs a freon (sp ?) boost.

She's by a fan. She says she's okay. But she always says that. :/

The Wee's are laying still. They've all been to the water dish a few times. Hopefully in about 30 minutes they'll be done.

Thank you, Amy! xxx

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AC fixed. Wasn't really even low on freon. My youngest daughter had turned the thermostat down,and I think she messed with the settings. She had got it back to AC, but the house had already started heating. Little stinker.

This makes it all better. Ahhhhhh. Heavenly. My favorite part is the foot and leg massage.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
AC fixed. Wasn't really even low on freon. My youngest daughter had turned the thermostat down,and I think she messed with the settings. She had got it back to AC, but the house had already started heating. Little stinker.

This makes it all better. Ahhhhhh. Heavenly. My favorite part is the foot and leg massage.

You're so sweet, Amy! Thank you so much for your concern. You are such a genuinely caring person. xxxxx
I am glad that it is working again even if it wasn't broken.

I just noticed today at the pool that I need to go get a pedi! I love the foot massages too.

Your welcome T. I am just glad it turned out okay. Texas heat even indoors is scary. The first year I was down here I was determined that hubby and I were going to go to a flea market when it was over 100 degrees. I was used to WV summers but not TX. I started getting dizzy and feeling horrible. A man in one of the booths indoors stopped us and asked hubby if I was okay because I looked so bad. He invited us to go inside and sit next to the fan and drink some water. If he had not stopped us I would have probably passed out before we got back to the car.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am glad that it is working again even if it wasn't broken.

I just noticed today at the pool that I need to go get a pedi! I love the foot massages too.

Your welcome T. I am just glad it turned out okay. Texas heat even indoors is scary. The first year I was down here I was determined that hubby and I were going to go to a flea market when it was over 100 degrees. I was used to WV summers but not TX. I started getting dizzy and feeling horrible. A man in one of the booths indoors stopped us and asked hubby if I was okay because I looked so bad. He invited us to go inside and sit next to the fan and drink some water. If he had not stopped us I would have probably passed out before we got back to the car.
The foot and leg massage is so relaxing. Worth every penny. :)

Yeah, Texas heat can be brutal and deadly. The humidity here is what makes it even more unbearable.

I'm so glad you were okay! So scary! I've had that happen a few times. I hate that light headed dizzy feeling. :/ You really have to chug the fluids when you have Summers like ours. Today it got up to 106. July and August are the hottest months. So we are in for some real heat. We've been trying to plan vacation, and go back and forth on whether we even want to go anywhere. It's so hot it's hard to enjoy yourself.

Thanks again, hun!!! xxxx

The end result. :)

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I love the blingy!!!

We had the same problem with vacation. Hubby is on vacation next week. I think it is going to be more a staycation because we are sticking around the house. We are going to Houston for a few days and probably go see hubby's dad in Dallas but mainly staying home. Jaxx voted for the staycation so we didn't leave him.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love the blingy!!!

We had the same problem with vacation. Hubby is on vacation next week. I think it is going to be more a staycation because we are sticking around the house. We are going to Houston for a few days and probably go see hubby's dad in Dallas but mainly staying home. Jaxx voted for the staycation so we didn't leave him.

Thank you!!! :D

I hear ya! The older I get, the less I care about vacations. I'm just as happy staying close to home. :)

I take my furries with me, if I go for longer than over night. I worry to much about them if I don't, then it's hard to enjoy myself. :/

Houston and Dallas are fun places to go. There's a lot to do there. :) We are thinking a weekend in the Woodlands. We'll see. Maybe we'll run into each other. :D

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I shoulda named this thread, "A whole lot of randomness." Haha!!

This place has the best ice cream! A great way to end the evening. :)

White choco dipped cone, with cake batter ice cream. :cheer:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts