Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Ok, I've noticed that Lexi's pee pee is quite yellow in colour, and I was wondering if this is normal? If not, what does it mean?

She drinks water every day now no problem at all.
She didn't used to drink it from the bowl, I used to have to administer it from my finger lol!
But she's been drinking water every day for about a few weeks without problems.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
is it EVERY time she pees? When they arent drinking enough or get up from a nap or nightime then it is usually darker....is she urinating more frequently?
Might be a UTI or simply nothing....you can try to get a sample to the vet if she seems to be drinking more and urinating more....just to be safe.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it's always yellow in colour, not thick or anything though.
She pee's quite a lot, and drinks quite a lot so I'm not sure if it's anything serious or not...

I'll maybe call the vet if it gets darker, but if it was some kind of infection would she not be visibly showing pain or strain when she pee's?

Thanks for replying :)

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
i would get it checked now and not wait, it can lead to serious kidney problems....then if the doc says its ok, you know that she just pees darker....might be what you feed her, but get her checked...better safe than sorry. Could also be a diabetes thing

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
When Cooper was a puppy, I noticed his pee would change from light yellow to darker every so often. Now that he's an adult... I don't know because he goes outside.

I'm not making fun of you and I hope your baby is okay but I think it's hilarious that we have nothing better to do than to look at the color of our chi's wees!! :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.