Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many times your chi wees through the night? Do you get up and let them out, use a pee pad or something else? My vet says that they have a big enough bladder to last them through the night so shouldn't have any accidents. My chis only wee once every few nights (one wee between the 4) but they don't wake me up to tell me like they do during the day. How can I stop this? They are normally really good when it comes to housetraining.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Daisy never use to go through the night.. i could get up twice when she was a tiny pup but she use to whine to get up so i knew. Now if she's sick she wakes me up up to 4 times a night (like when she had diahroeah (sp)) and the other night she got me up at 4 but i dont think she actually needed to go she was just pacing around my room and woke me up!!!

I normally get up at 6.30 with her to take her out to the toilet and then she has a cuddle with me for about an hour before we get ready.

So yes i do occasionally but she always wakes me up

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Let Lily out at 10.30 at night and i'm sooo lucky she never pees till 8am next morning,when she gets let out again.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Mine sleep right through.
Daisy will occasionally get off the bed and uses a peepad, but Darla sleeps all night which is good.

Maybe lifting the water a while before bed if you dont already do that?
Mine have water out till i go to bed which is around 11pm sometimes later but i notice they dont drink it much late evening anyway.
They tend to sleep just after 11pm, either on my lap or in the bed if we go then. lol

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Quigley gets me up at least once a night still. I know he should be sleeping through the night now however, that's not the case. He is quick though. Out pee back in and right back to sleep. Ocassionally we have a night he just won't settle down. (He sleeps with us) On those nights he gets to sleep in his kennel.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Willy used to wee in his crate at night as a pup (yeah it was too big for him lol) but as he got a bit older he was MOSTLY able to wait til morning. He would never wake me to say he had to pee, he would just pee in the crate/playpen. Now I put a pee pad in his playpen and if he needs to he uses that. Its not always used but I guess it depends on how much he's had to drink that night. Our water bowl is left down til we go to bed but the very last thing we do is take the dogs out to pee before we go to bed and we tend to go to bed late, usually after 12 and we are up by 7.

Luna has never woken up at night to wee. She's always gone right through the night, which drives me mental cuz she occasionally has pee accidents in the house lol I guess she has a very strong sense of not wanting to pee in her bed.

Cujo wakes me at night when he has to go to the bathroom. He whines to wake me up and I just take him into the bathroom where I have set up a pee pad and he pee and/or poops and its right back to his crate no problems at all. i have noticed over the last few nights he hasn't been waking up but has a HUGE pee in the morning. so he's likely on his way to holding it though the night :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts