1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone please sticky this since it is a big topic of conversation:

http://www.ahkennel.net/weightchart.htm

also some breeders use this method:

To get a close estimate of the future adult weight of a pup, multiply the 8 to 9 week weight by 2.5, or multiply the weight of a 12 to 13 week old pup by 2 to get a ballpark estimate.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
we can't find our scale and Butterfly is 10 weeks old so how would I get an estimate of how much she'll weigh as an adult?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
LittleHead said:
we can't find our scale and Butterfly is 10 weeks old so how would I get an estimate of how much she'll weigh as an adult?
The rebel in me speaks ... take her to the post office with you after closing and plop her on the scales there to find out how much she weighs. :D

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chiwi has been very accurate. she is 8 months old and only 2.9 pounds. she may not even reach 3 1/2 like she was charting out to be.

now jumba on the other hand lmao! he is 2.1 pounds at 8 weeks so he will be 5 1/2 to 6 pounds. we'll see lol.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Trust me, even at 3lbs you'll be afraid of her getting hurt. Lina is 3.5lbs and I'm so scared she's going to get stepped on or sat on or something and get hurt. You just learn to walk with your head down a lot lol

·
Registered
348 Posts
anobody could help for ounce vs. pound?

i went to vet today and my piku weights 1 3/4 pounds. he was born june 24th 2005, therefor just a tad under 3 months old or if you prefer, right at the last day of his 13th week.

i totally cant figure the chart, etc.... LOL :oops: :lol:

thanks for the help all!!

***********EDIT************

I just found this site, SO very usefull, for everything in term of convertions.
http://www.onlineconversion.com/weight_common.htm

So if I understood right and made okay calculation, my dog should be 3 1/2 at max. :p

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I have been following this chart with Jolie since she was 7wks 4 days old. In the beginning, according to her weight @ 1 lb 2 oz she would weigh 3 1/2 to 4 lbs when grown. All along she has consistently gained around 5 oz a week. The chart only shows a 2-3oz gain per week. Therefore, her adult weigh has gone up nearly every week. If she continues to gain at that rate, she will be just less than 7 lbs when grown. Today at 17 weeks, 3 days, she weighs 3lbs 10oz according to my digital scale. The scale at the vets has always shown her to weigh a couple oz less than mine. She is a teeny little thing and i do hope she makes it to at least 6 pounds because of the potential for injury issue. 7 pounds would be ok also. I think most people don't realize how small 7 pounds is. I also think a lot of people with chihuahuas underestimate the weight of their dog and would be surprised if they were to weigh the dog on an accurate scale.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Stitch is now at 2lbs 1oz at 13 1/2 weeks soooo I'm guessing he's going to be closer to 4lbs now full grown when I first got him he was heading to be 3 1/2 lbs wow must be what I feed him hehe he gains 4oz a week

·
Registered
348 Posts
nemochi said:
Stitch is now at 2lbs 1oz at 13 1/2 weeks soooo I'm guessing he's going to be closer to 4lbs now full grown when I first got him he was heading to be 3 1/2 lbs wow must be what I feed him hehe he gains 4oz a week
So it means my Piku would probably really follow chart and get the 3,5 supposed. Because he is 13 1/2 weeks as well and 1.75 lbs...

But your Stitch is adooorable anyways! :eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am having trouble following the weight chart as well.... here's what I have:
11 wk old Chi at 8 ozs. ??? Can anyone tell me what her adult size/weight may be? Thanks!

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
LeannaK said:
I am having trouble following the weight chart as well.... here's what I have:
11 wk old Chi at 8 ozs. ??? Can anyone tell me what her adult size/weight may be? Thanks!
8oz??? bloody hell thats small thats way under 2lbs full grown

1 - 20 of 218 Posts