Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal for Chi's weight to fluctuate? Bailey has lost 7 ounces since last month. Since she's been in heat then spayed she has become such a picky eater. My vet isn't concerned but Ive never had a chi so don't know what to expect.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Well I'm not sure how the heat affected her, but I would think if she lost some appetite due to the spay she would loose a bit. I don't remember what you feed, but with my raw it is pretty easy to get them to gain or loose quickly with portion control.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Dotties fav is chicken,but it doesn't put weight on them have you tried mixing the chicken with something ? i'm going to mix with Accana as well and see if that helps unless somebody comes on with a better idea.Dottie isn't spayed she's too tiny to go under

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried adding rice but she didn't like it. The vet said also to try plain oatmeal in the chicken so I'll try that tonight. Anything else I can add to help put weight on her?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Cottage cheese and lightly seared pieces of steak would be 2 things that I would try. Think meat, not filler. Grains and carbs make them feel full. You want protein.

My 3 are all little piggies so I do not add anything to their food.

Have you tried ZP or Stella & Chewy's??

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
ZP=Ziwipeak

My youngest was described as a hypoglycemic poor eater when we got her. I've put a half a pound on her. Well, she has done it to herself. She is the first one who wants to eat and the most vocal about it.

All of mine LOVE Ziwipeak!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.