Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals,

just took my new baby to the vet today. He's heathy and happy. At 7 weeks he weight 1.9 pounds :shock: Is that too big for his age? He seems kind of chubby but I think its normal for a puppy to be chubby. He doesnt look that big at all just a chubby lil baby.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just looking at the weight chart and my baby was right on track he's 1.9 pounds = 27oz at 7 weeks, according to the chart he's gonna be 6 pounds. Wow!! his mom weights only 4 1/2 pounds and dad is 5 pounds.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Cooper's mom was about 5 lbs, his dad is about 4 lbs.... Cooper is 10 lbs (should be about 8.5 but he can't give up the tater tots).

Yours probably has a little baby fat and that chart isn't exact science, it's just a "best guess". He could end up being a little bit bigger than his parents - but that's more of him to love!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow Copper!!! Your dog is heavy :shock: !!! Hopfully mine wont get that big. 6-7 pounds would make me happy :lol: but over that err.............. how am I suppose to carry him arround if hes so big? hahaha

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
lol , I know its contary to popular belief but chis can walk you know :D

Ozzy was 2 pound at 12 weeks and he is 7 pound fully grown I would guesstimate your boy will be somewhere between 7 - 9 pounds :wave:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Ozzy&Lily'sMom said:
lol , I know its contary to popular belief but chis can walk you know :D
I think that's why most people ask me if Cooper's a chihuahua when they see him because he's walking around like the big man on campus instead of being carried. They always act surprised ... silly people.

·
Registered
683 Posts
You can't estimate the weight that a chi is going to be says my vet, its a natural thing! It's only guessing really! My vet said coco would reach 1.9kg and she's actually 2.1kg, so you really cant tell. I think alot of puppies get puppy fat! If he's happy and healthy then thats great - he looks cute anyway a bit like the andrex puppy! :wave:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
babyboy778 said:
Wow Copper!!! Your dog is heavy :shock: !!! Hopfully mine wont get that big. 6-7 pounds would make me happy :lol: but over that err.............. how am I suppose to carry him arround if hes so big? hahaha
Well hopefully you love your baby so much that if he gets bigger than 7 pounds you won't care. Because you'll love your baby regardless right? Have you actually seen what a 7 or 8 pound chi looks like? It's still VERY small considering most other breed dogs start at 15 pounds on up...I hope you just didn't buy your chi as an accessory piece to stick in a purse... :roll:

If you look carefully the majority of the chi's here are between 5-9 pounds. :wave:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Both my doggies weighed over 2 pounds at 7 weeks...Now they are full grown and Bosco is a little over 8 pounds and Lola is 5 and a half. The weight chart is good to use as an estimate, but it's no guarantee.

Your puppy is a real cutie!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well hopefully you love your baby so much that if he gets bigger than 7 pounds you won't care. Because you'll love your baby regardless right? Have you actually seen what a 7 or 8 pound chi looks like? It's still VERY small considering most other breed dogs start at 15 pounds on up...I hope you just didn't buy your chi as an accessory piece to stick in a purse....

Ofcourse not!! I will love my baby no matter what. He's a smart one. I did some research about a chi and takes me 6 months just to find him (the right one) I did not buy him because of PARIS but because I live in an apartment. I just love small dogs!!!! :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts