Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Diesel is 4 months old today (born 4/29) and we had to take him to the vet for his last set of puppy shots.

The vet also weighted him and says he weighs 4 lb 10 oz... how much can I expect him to weigh full grown? When do Chi's reach their adult size?

Thank ya! :wave:

·
Registered
640 Posts
There was just a discussion about this exact thing. I'll try to look for it. Do you see the Chihuahua weight chart link at the top of the page? It's kind of complicated and some here say it's not accurate, some say it was right on so good luck with that.

Your Chi will definitely be on the bigger side. Please don't be disappointed. I know we all get these dogs because they are small and smaller is cuter but they can't help it if they grow bigger.

Edited to say never mind about the weight chart. He's off the page which means he will be more than 6 lbs.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:wink: Most books say that you can expect chis to reach their height and body structure by 6 months I believe but they fill out up to a year..so he might stop completely in the next 2 months or grow to be on the big side of the chi scale. Smelly was around 5lbs at 5 months he's now 7-8lbs at 9months. :wink:

·
Registered
683 Posts
i think chi's can put on weigh and loose weight just like us humans can.

With regards to growth im not sure how long a chi grows for but i do imagine that its quite a while because i took my girl to the vets at 7 months and then 9 months and she had put on 0.26kg in that time :wave:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts