Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I mentioned this in my introduction so forgive me if I'm double posting.

Mr. Big was 22oz at 8,5 weeks and now, at 12 weeks he's 3,3 lbs. Both his parents are around 4 lbs. Is it possible that he will stop growing soon? I was told by the breeder that his weight at 8 weeks suggested he'd be about 4 lbs fully grown. Do you think that is true? I've also heard that you should double the weight at 12 weeks to get his fully grown weight (which will then be 6,6 lbs!!!!) What do you guys think? I'm really clueless.

We feed him 3 times a day. He is very active and runs all the day so I guess he has developed a lot of muscle. Should I really expect him to be over 6 lbs?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I expected Bosco to be about 4 - 4.5 pounds when he was full-grown but he is 2.2 pounds at 8 weeks so God only knows how big he will be as an adult. He is w-a-a-y off the Chihuahua weight chart. LOL

Sounds like your little doggie will also be a big boy. As Ozzysmom says, its just more Chi to love. I hope you weren't planning to show him. (over 6 pounds is a disqualification).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boogaloo said:
I hope you weren't planning to show him. (over 6 pounds is a disqualification).

That's why I'm worried, I was planning to show him. Now, I'll just wait and see :) I love him to pieces whatever he weighs, just a bit dissapointed that I probably won't be able to show him..He cost $2000 (they are kind of expensive over here) so I kinda feel that I've been had. Don't get me wrong, he is worth the money no matter how big he gets :) Just had to let out some frustration. Sorry!

·
Registered
400 Posts
:shock: WAHOOOOOOOOOOO $2000 Is that American ???????
According to the Chihuahua weight chart he should end up at least 8 pounds.

Are you sure he was 8 weeks when you got him. Some breeders sell the pups sooner and say 8 weeks to make them seem small for the age. But it always catches up and you can usually tell around 10 weeks when the pup is suddenly bigger then you thought and then you figure it all out.

NOT saying this is the case but it does happen.
Don'y worry... he is absolutely as cute as a buttion :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yupp, that's American $ :) It says on his papers he was born in the beginning om March, but I've wondered if he was younger when we got him. Especially since the breeder told us we should feed him milk replacer formula the first two weeks.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Sorry you spent on that money and may not be able to show him. Hopefully his weight gain will slow down a bit and maybe he'll be just at 6 pounds. :)

CuddleMeChi - is there a Chihuahua weight chart that says beyond 6 pounds? I haven't been able to find one. If so, can you tell me where I can find it if it is on the web? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:D Hi there!
Where can i find this chi weight chart stuff, Stinky at 8wks was 1.5lbs so i'm wondering how big he's gonna get... :dontknow: And I'm starting to suspect the breeder gave him to me a lot younger than I thought...well at least 1 wk. from what she said how old he was... :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts