Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
There are several weight charts on the Internet - here is one: http://www.chihuahua-land.com/weight.htm - That may help you get a better idea of how big Milo will get. I would guess he would be maybe 12 pounds? However he may stop growing sooner. My Chihuahua Bosco was big at that age but his growth has really slowed down. The weight chart says he will be 5.5 pounds at full-growth.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Yeah, he is gonna be a pretty big boy. Mr. Peepers was 2.5 pounds at that age and right now he is almost 8 months old and exactly 10 pounds. I think Mr. Peepers is small, so I can't imagine having a 5 pound chihuahua.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Sounds like he could be a big boy. When I got Tia at 4 months she weighed 2 lbs and she is 11 months now and weighs 6 lbs...so you never know.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It is really hard to tell how much they will weigh. My Chile weighed 1 lb at 8 weeks....she is 1 1/2 years old and weighs 6.2 lbs.

When I got Tia she was about 9 - 10 weeks old and she weighed 2.2 lbs....she is 4 months now and weighs 5.2 lbs.

It is really hard to determine what they will weigh. It all depends of their genes...I guess???

Oh well...who cares how much they weigh, we love them no matter what because they are the cutest most lovable dogs!!!! :wave:

·
Registered
85 Posts
As for Yoyo, he was barely 2 lbs when we got him at 8 weeks old. The breeder said he was supposed to be around 5-6 lbs. But he has grown to WOOPING 7 1/2 lbs now! His body is slightly longer than the standard Chis. Pretty hard to tell! As long as they're healthy that matters most! I think he's having quite an IDEAL weight so far cause I could see his waist line and muscles on his body! Also his mama is pretty STRICT with his DIET! :roll:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
When I 1st went to buy Mikey I wanted a dog that would stay tiny. Now that he's here in our home I wish he would grow a bit bigger. That way I wouldn't worry so much about him. He's 3 mths old and probably is still only 2 lbs. He goes for his next set of shots this Monday coming up, so I'll find out for sure.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Barbie is my first chi and she is 8 months and weighs about 3 and half pounds. She seems huge now because she was so tiny when I got her. I never knew what size she would be, only that I fell in love with her and she is the sweetest doggie ever. She loves to walk outside around the block and play outside (under supervision of course), so her size doesn't matter. though she is pretty tiny, I still love her so much.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Stinky is 4months today and he weighted 3 lbs. 2 weeks ago...He seems to be getting skinny but who knows...maybe later he'll add some fat..chis grow at very different rates i'll say.. :D :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
There's a BIG heart inside that body

No matter the size, there is a great big heart inside that Chi. Dobbie is 10 pounds and constantly scares me by running around underfoot. If he were smaller, I'd have a heart attack watching him run and jump.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts