Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
If the vet didn't say anything about him being overweight then he probably isn't. My vet started telling me the dangers of a small breed dog being overweight when Cooper was 5 months old ... and she still does ... every time ... it hurts Cooper's feelings. :(

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I think Tyson's gorgeous too! I want him to live with me!! :lol:

He also might have a little "baby fat" hanging around. I wouldn't worry about it right now. If he's getting lots of exercise and not eating excessive amounts of food, he'll be fine.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah me and tyson blamed it on the baby fat!!
:lol:
I might have taken u up on that offer of u having tyson come live with you after he peed on my bed yesterday! couldnt belive it such a little monster , thn he started tugging at the bed sheets when i was trying to clean up .. not funny that early in the morning!! had 2 laugh tho :lol:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Do the rib test! Run your fingers along his rib cage and if you feel his ribs very easily then he is good...if you have to dig in to feel them then he might be overweight...

Gizmo now weighs about 4.8 - 4.9 pounds...

at 13 weeks he weighed in 38 oz

so according to the charts he should weigh 5 1/2 as an adult...

But Gizmo is skinny...and kinda stocky...so he looks like he weighs about 4 pounds or less,...not almost 5...he's a shorty..very little...LOL....maybe your baby is the same...weighs more than he seems...but not because he is fat...just stumpy

I hope that made sense..I'm sitting here trying to type a paper for my Education class and I have writer's block...LOL....my brain is semi-fried :D Hmmm...or it could be that since I graduated from college 2 years ago I swore I would never write a paper again, and here I am...LOL :banghead:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
JAYNE said:
yeah me and tyson blamed it on the baby fat!!
:lol:
I might have taken u up on that offer of u having tyson come live with you after he peed on my bed yesterday! couldnt belive it such a little monster , thn he started tugging at the bed sheets when i was trying to clean up .. not funny that early in the morning!! had 2 laugh tho :lol:
I have a friend named Jane and Cooper ADORES her (I think he loves her more than me). Anywho, when Cooper is misbehaving and we're together, I just hand Jane his bag and leash and say "here, take your dog." He doesn't care that I transfer ownership and Jane definitely doesn't care because he's the apple of her eye!

And, wouldn't you know it, Cooper listens to Jane when she tells him to stop. He's a punk. :D

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Cooper, that is funny... I am sitting her laughing... Cooper reminds me of Axel next door.. His tempowner has the same problem with Axel not listening to him. But he will listen to Linda(my other nextdoor neighbor)

It is funny.. because Jack will tell Linda to control her dog... we just laugh when he does listen to linda and not Jack...

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I had to finally accept the fact that when Jane's around, Cooper isn't my dog - he's Jane's companion. I don't mind it though because her border collie, Round Up, does the same thing. He'd much rather listen to me than Jane, so we just trade. :D

The hard part is getting each dog into the correct cars when we leave.

Here's a pic of my "part-time" dog just for kicks:

And from the same day, you can see Jane and Round-Up in the left hand top corner and Cooper is standing there, watching them. This was the day his patellas luxated after he jumped in the river so he wanted to follow them but was having trouble on the rocks. I thought he was just limping because of the uneasy footing. :(

·
Registered
86 Posts
At 10 weeks Artie weighted 1.7 pounds he is now 71/2 months old and he is now close to 8 pounds :wave: :wave:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts